Arnie Kim 1/4 Scale Chris Reeve Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why show such a beautiful piece if you dont plan to release it? Please don't say its just a personal project or to show whats possible because that's bulldust.
It's really not cool to get people's hopes up if you dont plan to release it Mr Arnie Kim. Whats worse is that he just keeps quite/says "its my artwork" and doesn't give a good answer to his fans because I know a lot of people on this board buy Blitzway figures so I think the board deserves a good reply from Mr Kim.

Why show such a beautiful piece if you dont plan to release it? Please don't say its just a personal project or to show whats possible because that's bulldust.
It's really not cool to get people's hopes up if you dont plan to release it Mr Arnie Kim. Whats worse is that he just keeps quite/says "its my artwork" and doesn't give a good answer to his fans because I know a lot of people on this board buy Blitzway figures so I think the board deserves a good reply from Mr Kim.

Artists like to share their work. Just because he is doing a sculpt for his own enjoyment doesn't mean it will ever be released. Just because fan boys like us get all weak in the knees because we see and wonder and lament about what could be doesn't mean he owes us anything really.

This is a pretty ridiculous statement man. He doesn't owe you or anyone else anything. He's an artist...free to do whatever he wants in his free time and show it off if he pleases.

Artists like to share their work. Just because he is doing a sculpt for his own enjoyment doesn't mean it will ever be released. Just because fan boys like us get all weak in the knees because we see and wonder and lament about what could be doesn't mean he owes us anything really.
Yeah your right, its just so good, after the Sideshow episode we need this.

This is a pretty ridiculous statement man. He doesn't owe you or anyone else anything. He's an artist...free to do whatever he wants in his free time and show it off if he pleases.
Calling my statement ridiculous is a little rude dont you think. This forum is freedom of speech and everyone is entitled to say what they want without being insulted.
Arnie does work for Britzway, Blitzway sell statues, then Arnie goes and makes an awesome statue of Reeve but doesnt sell it, probably the best Reeve ive ever seen by far. I dont think its "ridiculous" to question this logic. Fair enough what you said is true but common, this is not the first time he has teased this Reeve.

Calling my statement ridiculous is a little rude dont you think. This forum is freedom of speech and everyone is entitled to say what they want without being insulted.
Arnie does work for Britzway, Blitzway sell statues, then Arnie goes and makes an awesome statue of Reeve but doesnt sell it, probably the best Reeve ive ever seen by far. I dont think its "ridiculous" to question this logic. Fair enough what you said is true but common, this is not the first time he has teased this Reeve.
Just becsuse you're free to say what you want doesn't mean people can't respond in kind, you posted publicly, be prepared for public responses.

This forum is freedom of speech and everyone is entitled to say what they want without being insulted.

Sorry, but I can't help responding whenever this particular bugaboo shows up...
First off, even if this forum is hosted in America, it's on the Internet which has no borders. As a Canadian, your vaunted Constitution and its amendments don't apply to me. There is no 'entitlement' here whatsoever.
Secondly, "freedom of speech" does not mean "freedom from consequence". People are free to say what they want, sure, just as others are free to call them on their bull$&@#.

I'd suggest you actually read the First Amendment. "Freedom of Speech" isn't actually as free as you seem to think it is.

Arnie Kim doesn't own Blitzway, he's just an employee after all, there are so many factors as to whether or not they can actually produce this. First a Toy company has to be interested in it and picks it up for production, then they need to get the movie license, get permission from Reeve's family, etc.. All of this is done by the toy company, Arnie Kim has nothing to do with that.

If anything, Arnie Kim is showing this off on purpose to gain interest, hoping a company wants to buy it. (or hires him for a new sculpt) "its my artwork" means no toy company is attached to it yet, it's a code name for "statue still available if any company wants to produce it." IMO there is still a pretty good chance this would lead to something eventually.

--

Last edited:

I'm an artist so it just annoys me when people just expect us to deliver something because we work for a certain company. Fact is, the artist OWES YOU NOTHING. He has obligations to the company he works for...that's it. What we do in our free time is our business and showing off our work is something we are proud to do and part of spreading our brand. It's got nothing to do with you as a customer nor should it. Chances are if Arnie COULD make this something to sell, he would do it but that's probably not up to him. So calling him out on something like that, to me, is ridiculous...

Arnie has stated it his "his artwork" because as long as it stays that way he doesn't need a license or even permission from the Reeve family to make it. It covers his ass so that lawyers with a cease and desist order don't come a knocking and sue his rear. It could also just be a portfolio piece, or like others have said it could be him trying to gain enough attention to get a company interested enough to fork out the money to get this made. The other thing that you may not know is that you may not want to know exactly what this is for ... At least not yet. Contract signings and license agreements are a touchy and fluid affair that can often turn on a dime, and hell they can be blocked if another rival company knows what to do and how to do it and gets to much warning. So even if this is coming, he may not beable to talk about it for fear of shooting the whole thing right between the eyes. Trust me it has happend just recently.

Arnie has stated it his "his artwork" because as long as it stays that way he doesn't need a license or even permission from the Reeve family to make it. It covers his ass so that lawyers with a cease and desist order don't come a knocking and sue his rear. It could also just be a portfolio piece, or like others have said it could be him trying to gain enough attention to get a company interested enough to fork out the money to get this made. The other thing that you may not know is that you may not want to know exactly what this is for ... At least not yet. Contract signings and license agreements are a touchy and fluid affair that can often turn on a dime, and hell they can be blocked if another rival company knows what to do and how to do it and gets to much warning. So even if this is coming, he may not beable to talk about it for fear of shooting the whole thing right between the eyes. Trust me it has happend just recently.
Good point. Since SSC obviously had the film, likeness and character rights in 1/4 scale, he may not be able to release anything until something is worked out between the license and likeness holder, SSC, and which ever company he might be producing this for. In other words, contracts need to be signed and money change hands before an announcement and if SSC were to find out this was for another company before all that happens they could easily bring it to a grinding halt.

Well I for one agree that Kim should be publicly shamed for playing with our emotions. I'm going to stage a formal protest march at my state capital tomorrow. I will expect to see the rest of you there with me.

Back