Statue Arkham City Batman DC Collectibles Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pics Simon. I'm still waiting to hear back from DCBS on a replacement. Can't believe my luck. If it wasn't for the missing blue gun barrel at tip of the gun, mine would have been perfect. Keeping my fingers crossed for a replacement.

got my armored batman in today from ebay but the cape is broken, reminding me why I should pick certain things up from the store :(

if gamestop ever does a colored mr freeze they should give him the glass cover for his suit

got my armored batman in today from ebay but the cape is broken, reminding me why I should pick certain things up from the store :(

if gamestop ever does a colored mr freeze they should give him the glass cover for his suit

That's actually a cool idea. However, I have never seen DCC modify one of these Arkham statues. So far, they have all been strict repaints.

Great pics Simon. I'm still waiting to hear back from DCBS on a replacement. Can't believe my luck. If it wasn't for the missing blue gun barrel at tip of the gun, mine would have been perfect. Keeping my fingers crossed for a replacement.

How did things turn out? I just received mine today, and while he's incredibly impressive, a piece of his helmet is broken. The piece was in the box though, so I'll see if I can just glue it, rather than going through the process of exchanging it.

It's not too bad, but clearly a mold issue, seeing as both areas have the same issue (you can see the other side cracking already in the exact same shape).

16023784509_e9533fa97a_b.jpg

16022381278_a80c5c115a_b.jpg

16209082582_35b1761178_b.jpg

Luckily the piece was still in the box:

16209892165_3ff77aea8a_b.jpg

Beyond the issues, the are looking great together. Harley's face is getting a repaint, hence the open space in the middle :)

16208563831_9a90049da0_b.jpg

16209634022_4e3f44cd02_b.jpg

16023082270_2461a21546_b.jpg

16209637852_07b2662035_b.jpg

16024684617_23d7631f94_b.jpg

I had a lot of problems with the Arkham and Bombshell lines from DC, lots of broken statues during shipping.... They have some serious package design issues...

I had a lot of problems with the Arkham and Bombshell lines from DC, lots of broken statues during shipping.... They have some serious package design issues...

To be honest, with all the intricacies of the Mr. Freeze statue, I'm totally shocked that this is the only issue, and it is in the area where it is. I would have guessed so many more pieces would break before this, which is why I think it's a mold issue more than a shipping issue.

Due to not really having anywhere near by to pick these up for the longest time, ebay was always my go-to. It also ensured I got to see in hand (and intact) pics before buying a statue. Wanting to support a local comic shop that opened up, I have ordered the last 3 statues in this line (asylum Harley, Ivy, and Freeze), from them with fingers crossed. So far, I have gotten lucky every time :pray:

How did things turn out? I just received mine today, and while he's incredibly impressive, a piece of his helmet is broken. The piece was in the box though, so I'll see if I can just glue it, rather than going through the process of exchanging it.

DCBS got back to me on Monday and asked me to return the piece. I printed out the shipping label they sent and will drop it off at Fed EX today. They said they were able to secure me a replacement and will ship it out once they get it in. I REALLY wish the broken off blue barrel of the gun was in the box. The break happened right where the piece was glued in. It would have been a simple fix and it never would have been seen after I glued it back on. It was a clean break in a perfect hidden place for an easy repair. The rest of my statue was perfect. Oh well, hopefully I'll have good luck with my replacement piece.

Those are some nice pics SD. I have the EXACT same 5 pieces in the Arkham line that you do. You have a nice set up going there.

DCBS got back to me on Monday and asked me to return the piece. I printed out the shipping label they sent and will drop it off at Fed EX today. They said they were able to secure me a replacement and will ship it out once they get it in. I REALLY wish the broken off blue barrel of the gun was in the box. The break happened right where the piece was glued in. It would have been a simple fix and it never would have been seen after I glued it back on. It was a clean break in a perfect hidden place for an easy repair. The rest of my statue was perfect. Oh well, hopefully I'll have good luck with my replacement piece.

Those are some nice pics SD. I have the EXACT same 5 pieces in the Arkham line that you do. You have a nice set up going there.

Yeah, too bad your piece wasn't in the box, that would have been an easy repair. I'm not in love with this piece shipping back and forth. He's darn heavy!!

Thanks, yeah, I really love this line. I have Harley as well, but she's getting her face repainted at my brothers house at the moment :D

Yeah, too bad your piece wasn't in the box, that would have been an easy repair. I'm not in love with this piece shipping back and forth. He's darn heavy!!

Thanks, yeah, I really love this line. I have Harley as well, but she's getting her face repainted at my brothers house at the moment :D

Yeah, this Freeze and Arkham Bats are actually pretty heavy pieces. They have good heft to them and I always like the feel of a solid statue. Freeze is actually my favorite piece in the line. I'm hoping that DCC touches into the Origins line soon and the 1st figure from there is an AO Deathstroke. I'm dying for a kick ass Deathstroke statue already. He's such a cool character and he gets no love in statue form.

Post pics of Harley after her makeover. I'm sure I'm not the only one that would love to see her when she's finished.

Last edited:
I will. He's also fixing colored Harley for me. Colored catwoman replacement (missing finger) is on its way, and colored armored bats has been PO'ed.

Received Freeze this evening, he's really cool but somewhat annoyed that I could not even get the rifle onto his arm before the tip broke off. Ugh! Glue drying as I type. I will inspect in the light of day for other flaws. I like him a lot, the clear parts are awesome and I love that you can even see his eyes through the goggles. I just dislike instantly-breaking parts!!

A big, heavy piece, love the design it just seems like this line is kind of fragile.

In other news these Ivy pix are making me rethink picking her up, I want her at a SERIOUS discount though because I see the paint apps need quite a lot of tweaking. I hated the prototype pix, but now I'm rethinking her. I do need an Ivy.

Sorry to hear that! On the more positive side he is now my favorite for this line. Just an all around great piece. As for Ivy, while she did not come out as spot on as the other female characters, she still looks much more stunning in person. The solicited pics do not do justice and she looks even better when paired with the others. Is she the greatest in the line?, not in my opinion, but still a very nice looking Ivy statue that only enhances the overall collection.

Received Freeze this evening, he's really cool but somewhat annoyed that I could not even get the rifle onto his arm before the tip broke off. Ugh! Glue drying as I type. I will inspect in the light of day for other flaws. I like him a lot, the clear parts are awesome and I love that you can even see his eyes through the goggles. I just dislike instantly-breaking parts!!

A big, heavy piece, love the design it just seems like this line is kind of fragile.

That's too bad. Where did it break, exactly? I noticed both the hand (with gun) and foot with peg for the stand needed to be inserted at VERY exact angles... otherwise, it became forced.

That's too bad. Where did it break, exactly? I noticed both the hand (with gun) and foot with peg for the stand needed to be inserted at VERY exact angles... otherwise, it became forced.

The clear blue canister that serves as the muzzle of the rifle, is what broke off. Its white-glued for the present, when I get around to it I will pin it in place using some coathanger wire and two-part epoxy. It was only indifferently glued in the first place.

I didn't have a problem with the hand and foot parts slotting where they needed to go.

This is a big piece. Comparing him to the rest of the pieces from this line that I have, if he stood upright in life-size scale he'd be about seven feet tall.

Back