ARH Studios Tarzan vs Gorilla

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehren

Freaked Out
Reaction score
These bad boys are finally done! It's been a long time coming. Huge thanks to Alejandro Pereira Ezcurra for the beautiful action packed composition. I'm so over sculpting fur. LOL

Outstanding! Love the composition and sculpt! Very well done!

Amazing work.
At 1/4 scale this thing is going to be enormous!

Edit: There is a pic on ARH's instagram of the top half of the ape. Its the size of a toddler lol

Last edited:
Doesn't look bad, I'll have to see some color before I can make a final option. Tarzan muculature looks good, scar missing from his forehead tho. At 1/4 this will be huge.

Just out of curiosity, has the croc dio been scrapped completely?

Apes jaw still looks unhinged.

12916248_1032629993443174_7626285340847721598_o.jpg

The print looks good, the apes arm position looks different from the rendering. Seeing it like that makes the mouth not look as off kilter too. This thing is going to be ginormous.

The knife doesn't bother me so much. Once an adult and able to speak multiple languages, Tarzan would be able to get any sort of large knife to his liking. By barter, theft, plunder... a good switch-out would be a spear, long or short. He's got something around his wrist so it shouldn't be that difficult.

Ehren - will Tarzan be offered on his own, similar to Conan: The Sacrifice ?
(That pose could quite easily be attached to a tree trunk/branch instead)

....for those of us that may simply not have room for a 1/4 scale gorilla! :)

Concept & pose are great. Tarzan sculpt is great, but the gorilla fur rendition is awful imo. Too unrealistic, with no natural flow, the fur has got to be improved, as this sculpture deserves it.

Concept & pose are great. Tarzan sculpt is great, but the gorilla fur rendition is awful imo. Too unrealistic, with no natural flow, the fur has got to be improved, as this sculpture deserves it.

I feel you on that but I'm willing to wait and see what a good paint job can do. SS Conan FofTB dio fur on the ape was ok, nothing extraordinary.

Overall though it looks great, I've been waiting for a great Tarzan piece for a long time. I would like to see the scar on his forehead, it'd be a mean red streak in this match for sure.

Back