Statue Ares God of War Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont see why people have a problem with the red armor.
It looks just like the Kratos God of War armor(which in my opinion looks awesome)
Even the design of the armor is very similar

I dont see why people have a problem with the red armor.
It looks just like the Kratos God of War armor(which in my opinion looks awesome)
Even the design of the armor is very similar

I don't have a huge problem with it. It's just that he has always been displayed with gold armor through history and the blood doesn't show up as well on the red armor. To me, I just want it really. Would prefer the gold but I still love it.

You will have to wait and see
Still ways out. I will tell you that he is in black armor
Looking forward to seeing it!

I really want to get in on these Greek gods but none have sung out to me yet. I'm hoping Zeus and Hades persuade me to take the leap. There's still hope for Poseidon, pending on the paint app. No idea how I'll be able to display such a large footprint though because I like everything behind glass.

Maybe have gold outline on the armor?

There is gold trimming and you can see the blood splatter on it.

tajaqupa.jpg

i think that if he had gold armor with red trim and Athena has gold armor with white trim it would work out. regardless of what color the armor will be it still needs more blood on the base.

i thought the Poseidon was next since you already showed the sculpt....

Off topic but those dolphins needs to go n replaced with sharks n eels.

this issue was addressed earlier. apparently Poseidon is sometimes known as the tamer of horses and is often depicted with dolphins(horses of the sea). sharks wouldn't make sense from a mythology standpoint. averone said that they will be removable from the base if you don't like them.

also he said they they wanted to do a clear blue resin base so it will look like water.

Last edited:
Poseidon looks great dolphins and All. But not a big fan of the ares paintup looks a bit cartoony, the raw sculpt is awesome though

Averone just posted a video of the Ares statue on Youtube:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42uyngjnOWk&feature=c4-overview&list=UUElS5y4SRfWXDUhILlrNQyQ[/ame]

Ares is great but you have to finally decide if he is painted with red armor because he is Mars and "Mars is red" or because you like him covered with blood.
Now the idea of Ares being red because he is Mars it's just wrong and not Mythologically true.
From the other hand the idea of him being covered with blood of his victims is appealing but the execution here is really bad.

If someone wants a "God of War the videogame"-like Ares then it's fine but that would'n be the Olympian one.
If you really want a Mythological depiction then his armor is gold. Period. Homer says so in Iliad not me.

Again, the sculpt is awesome and I' m just giving my view not trying to ruin anything so I hate seeing such a great sculpt not delivered as great as it could be because of having such a bad paint application.
It's a pity :(

God damn.. Let arh produce products the way they want to. Everyone on this board is such an expert. If we are not careful arh won't be visiting this forum at all.

God damn.. Let arh produce products the way they want to. Everyone on this board is such an expert. If we are not careful arh won't be visiting this forum at all.

So I cannot express my opinion because maybe arh won't visit this forum? Read again what you have written :1-1:

AGAIN: Ares is a great statue. It could be way better with a better paint app IN MY AND ONLY MY OPINION :hi5:

Ares sure looks impressive. I don't know about the red chest plate tho. Would be nice to see more gold or bronze.

Back