Are Third Party Figures Worth The Money?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It all depends. Third party figures I have looked at have always been very cheap in comparison to the licensed version. Obviously the licensed one will be better, but for the percentage of money paid in comparison to the real price combined with the quality of the bootleg, the quality is far better than the price suggests (from my experience), I have to say third party figures are 100% worth it. I've seen the bootleg Premium Format Amazing Spider-Man statue which is a lot smaller than 1/4 scale but was about £18, and it looked like it was worth a lot more. There isn't any Spider-Man statue of that quality on any market available for even £80. I've also seen another 1/4 bootleg staue, which even comes with a replica box, the figure looks stunning and to think you can get the same scale for just £65/£70 is just ridiculous. You literally can't lose. For example, Premium Format Amazing Spider-Man retailed at about £550, and the smaller bootleg was £18. The 1/4 scale statue was around the same £550 price tag, and the bootleg is almost 8/9 times cheaper (£65) at the same scale with perfectly good likeness and paint job. At the end, it's your choice, if I really want a figure, but it's too expensive and there is a bootleg available, why should I not go for it? It's only cheap because it's a bootleg, if these third parties simply made a new figure rather than a remake, the price would be so much higher becuase the same figure/statue isn't available anywhere else. Any 1/4 statue of that quality should be £250 minimum, and that's being lenient. I would always prefer the licensed version, but if it is out of reach, the third party version will have to suffice. As for the question of it being worth the money, 100%. In fact, the Premium Format Spider-Man is ridiculously overprices and when I compare the two 1/4 scale statues, although there is a difference, it certainly isn't a huge one. The third party ones are ridiculously under-priced and the real ones are often ridiculously over-priced and also the difference in quality often isn't a great one.

Back