Are there Marvel characters you want to see in a movie just so they make a HT figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oscar_the_Gungan

Super Freak
Reaction score
I sometimes find myself wanting to see certain Marvel characters appear in a movie just so I can get an HT version of that character in my display. Does anyone else find themselves doing that?

Right now I hope these characters appear in a movie or TV show:
Moon Knight
Ultron
Kang
Ant-Man
Wasp
Vision

GIANT MAN. Regular sized Pym, but in the 1/4 scale figure series. . .y'know, so he looks real big next to my 1/6th scale guys.

There are several X-Men already in movies I would like figures of. As well as Daredevil. I'm sure there are others, but most of the important ones have already been covered by one film company or another!

Nova & Iron Fist. :lecture

HT probably wouldn't do them anyway, they've not even started X-Men FC, which is one of the top flagship Marvel properties.

And they made New Goblin instead of Doc Ock, GG, or Sandman, which is just silly :slap

Look, I'm as big a New Warriors fan as the next guy, but if we don't get a Night Thrasher and Speedball first before lesser members like your Novas or Namoritas, then there is no justice in this world.

WOW! Seriously? :horror

Nova hasn't been in New Warriors for years, he's been off in space saving the whole fracking universe!

Last edited:
I suppose they could introduce Nova in a Guardians of the Galaxy movie. Not sure the movie will get made but I'm excited it sounds like they are talking about it. Some of the characters wouldn't be traditional figures like Rocket Raccoon and Groot but it would be fun to see them.

I suppose they could introduce Nova in a Guardians of the Galaxy movie. Not sure the movie will get made but I'm excited it sounds like they are talking about it. Some of the characters wouldn't be traditional figures like Rocket Raccoon and Groot but it would be fun to see them.

They could do the same format at the Avengers, have a Nova film, a GotG Film, an Inhumans film and lead them into a galaxy-wide disaster film.

A Black Bolt figure :drool

I don't even think Marvel will have any of the characters you are all mentioning. WE as comic fans forget that the movies aren't marketed for just us. The huge budget of these movies needs the average comic fan and the action movie fan to go to. They will always only use characters people know. Even in the X-Men movies where they used some obscure characters, they made no figures at all.

Nova & Iron Fist. :lecture

Funny you should mention Iron Fist, I just started a custom last week.

IronFist02.jpg

Guardians of the Galaxy has been in development, but if it does get past that they would have to market in a way that wouldn't depend on a built in audience just because it is more obscure.
I could see Ultron or Kang getting made because I can't imagine an Avengers sequel that doesn't involve either of those villains. I think if the Ant-Man movie had gotten off the ground when they originally intended it to Hank and Jan would have been in the Avengers.

I don't even think Marvel will have any of the characters you are all mentioning. WE as comic fans forget that the movies aren't marketed for just us. The huge budget of these movies needs the average comic fan and the action movie fan to go to. They will always only use characters people know.

All they've got to do is reach into their large character roster and make them popular, like they've done so far.

If they can make the films they've done appealing to the masses they can do it with other characters.

Iron Fist will attract martial arts & action & supernatural fans as well as Marvel fans.
Nova will attract Marvel fans and those who like big-budget space sci-fi epics.
Moon knight will attract marvel fans and those who like dark brooding vengeange thrillers

Nearly any of their characters can be made into a good film that will attract people by the tone and genre the film takes.

Hell The Inhumans is more relatable to a mass audience than Iron Man, rich dude who makes high tech armour or family of people considered sub-human trying to earn their own place in the world.

Or they can go the HT route and keep rebooting the same characters.

In theory, I agree and want a bunch of characters in the movies and as HT figures. But again, we are all lookiong at it as comic fans. I just don't see too many 3rd tier characters being relevant in movies, let alone made HT figures of. HT made New Goblin over venom and its still available. They'll never make a character that isn't going to be an almost sure thing. Thats the reason for all the Iron Mans and Batmans. I hope I am wrong, but based on what they've done to date, they've proven it.

Spiderman 3 ( Spiderman, New Goblin, Black Spiderman )
Iron Man 1 ( Mark 1, 2, 3, 3 BD, Iron Monger )
Iron Man 2 ( Mark 2 AU, 4, 5, 6, Whiplash, Black Widow, War Machine )
Captain America ( Cap, Red Skull )
Thor ( Odin, Thor, Loki )
Wolverine Origins ( Wolverine )
Blade ( Blade and Abigail Whistler )

Superman Returns ( superman, Clark Kent, Jor-el )
Superman '79 ( superman )
Batman Begins ( Batman, Demon Batman, Scarecrow )
Dark Knight ( Batman, Joker, Two-Face )
Batman '89 ( Joker and Batman )

There was a series called 'Shogun Warriors' that had a very short run (I guess my parents were the only one buying the comics for me). :lol

I know they've been released by Bandai and other Japanese manufacturers in one form or another, but I'd like to see HT make an attempt.

Raydeen, Combattra, and Dangard Ace. :yess:

Shogun_Robots.jpg

-- If they redid the X-Men with more comic-inspired costumes.
-- The eventual Fantastic Four reboot with better costumes and a CGI Thing.
-- I actually don't have a big problem with the Daredevil costume, but it could re tweeked for a reboot. Bullseye and Elektra, however, are a different story.

On the unrelated DC side
-- Justice League of America -- if Avengers is a colossal hit I wonder if this will light a fire under DC. Superman is upcoming. We know they plan to reboot Batman after Nolan. Green Lantern's costume was pretty good, it was the script and director that were bad. That would leave Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Flash to round out the core team.

In theory, I agree and want a bunch of characters in the movies and as HT figures. But again, we are all lookiong at it as comic fans. I just don't see too many 3rd tier characters being relevant in movies, let alone made HT figures of. HT made New Goblin over venom and its still available. They'll never make a character that isn't going to be an almost sure thing. Thats the reason for all the Iron Mans and Batmans. I hope I am wrong, but based on what they've done to date, they've proven it.

Spiderman 3 ( Spiderman, New Goblin, Black Spiderman )
Iron Man 1 ( Mark 1, 2, 3, 3 BD, Iron Monger )
Iron Man 2 ( Mark 2 AU, 4, 5, 6, Whiplash, Black Widow, War Machine )
Captain America ( Cap, Red Skull )
Thor ( Odin, Thor, Loki )
Wolverine Origins ( Wolverine )
Blade ( Blade and Abigail Whistler )

Superman Returns ( superman, Clark Kent, Jor-el )
Superman '79 ( superman )
Batman Begins ( Batman, Demon Batman, Scarecrow )
Dark Knight ( Batman, Joker, Two-Face )
Batman '89 ( Joker and Batman )

Those are figures which definately weren't sure things, all of them should've come last after the more relevant characters, ask any Blade fan and there are at least 4 figures they'd have chosen before Abigail. Besides a "sure thing" franchise must first have to be produced at a risk before it becomes a sure thing, if they don't test the waters they don't know what could be a success.

You said: "I just don't see too many 3rd tier characters being relevant in movies" but most of the ones mentioned here have their own solo series so are not third tier.

But even if they were why do you think they would'nt make good films? What reasons?

IMO All characters have something that make them entertaining and relatable.

Dr. Doom :yess:
so many opponents to choose from for a movie, plus it could be interesting to have a story from the villain's perspective, since it's not done very often.

Deadpool :dunno

X-23 :monkey2

yes to both! mostly because I would LOVE to see a live-action with x-23 as the main protagonist. And we didn't get to see much Deadpool in the movies we've gotten so far to date. But x-23 would be a nice HT fig!

On the unrelated DC side
-- Justice League of America -- if Avengers is a colossal hit I wonder if this will light a fire under DC. Superman is upcoming. We know they plan to reboot Batman after Nolan. Green Lantern's costume was pretty good, it was the script and director that were bad. That would leave Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Flash to round out the core team.

continuing the unrelated note... what about a movie on the JSA? it's much less known to the mainstream audience, but a movie would be a great way to re-introduce these characters that have perhaps been forgotten. If they need characters that people who are not so well knowledgeable of the comic world... they can have a storyline involving green lantern, superman or flash, but not as the main characters.

I think a Hawkman, Sandman or Doctor Fate HT fig would look pretty great.

Back