Are the medicom vader any good?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrund2877

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Are the medicom vaders any good? I ask because I think the hot toys is going to be out of my price range :(
Looking for opinions
Thanks
Jay

Whats your budget? The SSC ESB/ROTJ Vader is really nice and can be had for around 220.00 range on eBay. Their first vader ANH version is nice also and better scale with other SSC figures. I have both Vaders. The firsts Vader is around 14" I believe. But if on a budget you could score him for around 150.00. Good luck!

Oh cool I thought the ssc were more expensive. I will definitely look into it thanks

I have the Medicom Darth Vader and personally I think it's an amazing figure. Given it's age, it holds up even with the newer stuff in my collection. Very well done figure.

Oh cool I thought the ssc were more expensive. I will definitely look into it thanks

Hope it helps. Any other questions feel free to ask. I picked up ANH Vader to go with my SSC ANH Ben and ESB/ROTJ Vader to go with Bespin or Jedi Luke and Emperor. Oh crap, guess I will need another Vader.

Most Medicom's are even better than SS figures IMO. But Medi's are expensive so go with the HT.

Except for scale issues, I personally prefer my Medicom Vaders more so than both of the stock SSC Vaders. None of them are completely accurate but I think the Medicom Vaders have armor that is a little more correct to the movie costume. One thing to watch out for is that V1 Rotj and Rots vader have the fragile Medicom bodies. The V2 Rotj has a sturdier body. Both of the Rotj Vaders have mostly the same armor and helmet.

The medicom's are'nt too bad really, but will be more expensive to buy on the secondary market. Probably the main thing to consider would be the scale difference between medicom and other 1/6 high end figures. It becomes really annoying when you start buying action figures from different companies and their heights are all over the place. Medi's tend to be a bit smaller than the others.

No. I strongly suggest to avoid Kid Vader and go for a SSC one if you don't want to wait for HT.
Pic of my Kid Vader v 1.0 next to SSC DX on KP-02 body:
vaders2_zps409ca113.jpg

The best one from medicom probably 2.0, if you gonna display as stand alone figure it might be good, but if you gonna show with others one sixth, its gonna be too off scale. But personally i never like medicom beside anime line or kamen rider the quality of their product outside anime and kamen rider lines not adjust the price.

Medicom has a more screen accurate facial appearance, than either ss, especially with the shoulder armour, but v1's have fragile bodies, the shoulder joints may tend to "peel" apart broken due to some crappy choices in material....also they are more 12" figures than they are true 1/6 scale which should ideally put him near 14".
He is very small compared to ss.
The facemask and armour and chest box and belt and codpiece and shin guards are iPVC and abs dome.....weirdly shaped dome feels too big for mask, but overall ok.
Also gloves are hollow PVC not solid like ss

Ss parts are almost all abs and hard solid PVC ....

Sideshow esb has the more precisely sculpted features with multiple parts and details, however is more idealized....has a distinctive look as well....identifiable w oddly proportioned mask. Shoulder bells are I accurately detailed and the chest armour has a very basic look to it that has none of the nuance as the actual costume.

It is, however, a better size and has good quality about it that's worth the dough, including the light up features and stand.

Medicom 2.0 has none of the body quality issues that plagued the first version except the odd dome shape ( mostly a too roundly sculpted crown)
But is still it's a smaller scale and is better as a standalone figure....

For the money.... in order:

1. Ss sideshow esb
2. Medicom 2.0 or sideshow Anh
3. Medicom Roj or ros

I have a SLIGHTLY modified Medicom Vader 2.0 that I'd like to sell. PM if you're interested.

It's a FANTASTIC figure.

And here's how it photographs...

092.jpg

144.jpg

183.jpg

Back