Are most 12 inch SS Lines Dead?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NASEDO

Super Freak
Reaction score
It seems that most of the 12 inch Sideshow lines are dead. We had X-files, Buffy, Bond, POTA, Highlander, etc. But nothing in a long time. Everything is Star Wars, LOTR and Marvel. Wish the older lines had the same treatment. Even a new Military line would be awesome.

I understand that alot of figures came from the older lines, but I would even be Happy with another Mulder or Scully at this point. Be nice to see a new "box" added to my collection of one of the older lines.

These lines aren't as popular as Star Wars but they got SS to be able to get Star Wars, and WETA helped.

It sucks and I feel bad for the loyal fans of these lines, I can go on and on about reasons why I fell the lines died, but that will get us know where, so it's just nice to remember what was, every now and then.

A new figure from any of these lines would be more exciting then the new licenses announced. And since I never heard that these lines are "dead officially" I'll still wonder. And thats why I don't ask for new WETA statues because they told us the line was over.

It does suck for smaller lines that they either get discontinued or just never made. While I do like the larger lines, I also love the smaller lines. SS, like any other business, only make what they know will sell the maximum amount of figures. And right now, LoTR, Star Wars and Marvel sell.

I'm still holding out hope for an Auric Goldfinger 12". Although a Craig Bond is more likely for their "Legacy" collection -- which I guess is the new "Bond" line.

I agree, sideshow really has been neglecting other lines. The only line that has be thriving really well is the SW line. It would be nice to see some more figs for Highlander, Bond, or even Planet of the Apes.

"And right now, LoTR, Star Wars and Marvel sell"

I know thats the common excuse, but I feel without the smaller lines SS wouldn't be in position to buy the larger license

Wor-Gar said:
Which ones are still missing? Do they have to be Universal monsters?

I'd like to see a Mr. Hyde... and The Fly....

Sideshow already made a Mr. Hyde. And I believe another company offered a 12" version of The Fly from the Vincent Price film.
Some important Universal Monster characters I feel NEED to be made are:

Claude Rains as The Phantom of the Opera
Colin Clive as Baron Henry Frankenstein
Bela Lugosi as Dr. Mirakle
Rondo Hatton as The Creeper
Revenge of the Creature
Gloria Holden as Dracula’s Daughter
Boris Karloff as Hjalmar Poelzig
Bela Lugosi as Richard Vollin
Ernest Thesiger as Dr. Pretorious
Bela Lugosi as Ygor
Lon Chaney as Kharis
Charles Laughton as Dr. Moreau
Bela Lugosi as the Sayer of the Law
Basil Rathbone as Wolf von Frankenstein
Karloff as Edmond Bateman (scarred version)
Maleva

Wor-Gar said:
I'd like to see a Mr. Hyde...

Ask and ye shall receive Hr Hyde!!! Any other dreams I can make come true :D
7003.jpg

I just got him recently and its a really cool figure, and I think you can get them on the cheap these days!

Wor-Gar said:
Which ones are still missing? Do they have to be Universal monsters?

I'd like to see a Mr. Hyde... and The Fly....

MR HYDE.

7003_image01.jpg

7003_image02.jpg

Great figure by the way.

Man, gang up on me. :lol My bad, I had no idea. I'm lame.

But I'd still like to see The Fly (the David Hedison one).

That Hyde is awesome! I've never seen it.

Pick it up, its a cool figure. And not only is it a great Hyde, but he can also easily double for a drunk party-goer!!! :chew :chew

Shai Hulud said:
:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 ...

WHERE IS THE NEW JASON....

Exactly!!! The first time I have not had a Jason figure on pre-order from SS,ever :monkey4 :monkey1

If this line were to stop before Roy and prt 8 are released I would be devastated.

Perhaps we will see the next Jason at Toy Fair:eek:

Last time I checked Sideshow's front page there is a top ten and LOTR, SW, and Marvel are not the only on there.

I do feel bad for the Universal Horror, Planet of the Apes, X-Files, Buffy, Military and Bond 12" collectors who have to listen to the complaints about the slow pace of the LOTR line, which "only" had four preorders in the last year...

Back