Aragorn statue on ebay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who is this guy supposed to be...? :rolleyes::monkey4

:rotfl Don't quote me but I think it's supposed to be Weta's interpretation of Viggo as Aragorn. Hard to tell because it doesn't look anything like him but the jacket and boots look real accurate! :rotfl

i saw one of these with a broken belt go for £450 2-3 years ago so £499 for a mint one does not seem unreasonable.

On further thought, I think I may have made a mistake in the conversion.. I remembered that I bought from a boardmember here at 1200 with shipping to Asia

the piece always went for alot. I dont think the PF will have any impact on the price, two different kind of collectors. It may not look just like Aragorn, but it will be worth more then the PF. I quit the PF line after seeing Frodo, and the 12 inch Aragorn made me drop that line. The Weta line is still the best.

You mean you don't wanna "UPGRADE" your "OUTDATED" Weta collectibles like some members have recommended?

:rolleyes:

"UPGRADE" you mean "DOWNGRADE"
Well alot of members are going to be mad when they sell there "outdated" PF Aragorn for a loss in a few years. Its a funny hobby, and I think alot of people collect now because of WETA and the Balrog selling for $3000.00 on ebay, Now everyone thinks its going to happen again, which it wont, but that dont matter to the people who still collect WETA. And since WETA helped make the film it gives the line more value for the LOTR fans.

Well alot of members are going to be mad when they sell there "outdated" PF Aragorn for a loss in a few years. Its a funny hobby, and I think alot of people collect now because of WETA and the Balrog selling for $3000.00 on ebay, Now everyone thinks its going to happen again, which it wont, but that dont matter to the people who still collect WETA. And since WETA helped make the film it gives the line more value for the LOTR fans.

i had to reread that a couple times... i thought you were talking about selling the weta aragorn weta for a loss.
the pf ex might have an initial surge in price, but probably won't hold its value like the weta line.

I had one for quite some time. Its an awesome piece but I was ok with getting the PF instead.

probably won't hold its value like the weta line.

Nope, you are right as the PF line, has more out there then the WETA version, just seems like people take WETA line more serious as a collectible.......

Last edited:
never understood the love for the WETA line but I came into the picture after all of their products were already released. I don't care much for the majority of them..I have Sauron and would love to have ringwraith. that's just me though. I'm excited about some of the PF's though and if I had to choose I'd go with the PF's, if it were apple to apples as far as both lines having all of the characters. personal preference I guess.

If the only criteria you use in determining whether a collectible is an upgrade or downgrade is secondary value, then by all means the Weta Aragorn is the way to go. If you're looking for a superior sculpt, one that actually looks like the person it's supposed to look like then the SS version is the one to go with.

Most of the pieces in my Weta collection are worth significantly more than I paid for them, yet some of my favorites like the Berserker and Sauron statues, are worth much less than their retail value. As a true LOTR collector, this is irrelevent to me. I am interested in having the best possible collection I can whether those pieces be Weta, SS or whoever, and I am referring to quality not secondary value. Too many people seem to equate the monetary value of a particular piece with the quality of that piece and in the case of Weta Aragorn vs SS Aragorn this is clearly not the case.

Back