Aquarium enthusiasts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KitFisto

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just wondering there are any other folks here into aquariums? I just got my 125 gallon tank back up and running after a several year hiatus. I keep central and south American cichlids mostly. I just have a firmouth, 2 convicts and a flowerhorn right now. Plan to add a festae as soon as I can find one. At one point I had my 125, two 55'separate and a 10 gallon hospital tank running.

....I love keeping fish, although I only have a fresh water 20 gallon currently running. I had a 75 gallon but it got beat to hell in our last move.

20160124_001402.jpg

I have nothing.. but have considered getting a salt water tank once my son gets a bit older. I already have the perfect spot for it! I think I'll follow this thread for ideas and pics!

Last edited:
I had a salt water tank for a bit. It's just as easy as freshwater unless you pLan on doing coral or live rock and then is gets more complicated. .....at least in my opinion.

Plastic,

What's in your tank now? I'll try to get some pics of my 125 soon.

Still have 2 x 55 gal tank but it's empty atm. It sit on a stand, one on top of the other. Last fish was Mbu puffer fish. Didn't know about how to get ride of those little worms that got the puffer, so it suffer a painful, slow death. Copper water treatment will get ride of those worms but Mr. Green just don't want the hassle and responsibility of keeping a pet anymore. Besides, the filter and water flow is annoying, more so now than ever.

Why not take him to an aquarium store and let them have him and treat him instead of letting him suffer and die?

Mr. Green thought he'll get better and didn't know its the worms. African cichlids are so vicious but tough fish. It didn't seem to bother them. Must be the scales. Taking care and maintenance of a fish tank can be a chores.

I had a salt water tank for a bit. It's just as easy as freshwater unless you pLan on doing coral or live rock and then is gets more complicated. .....at least in my opinion.

Plastic,

What's in your tank now? I'll try to get some pics of my 125 soon.

Not much to write home about - Just some black skirts, my one, lone surviving tin foil barb from my 75 gallon and a couple of jumbo danios. I have been thinking about getting another 55-75 gallon and getting an Oscar. I know they sort of have a white trash vibe to them, but I love the big fish with personality.

Not much to write home about - Just some black skirts, my one, lone surviving tin foil barb from my 75 gallon and a couple of jumbo danios. I have been thinking about getting another 55-75 gallon and getting an Oscar. I know they sort of have a white trash vibe to them, but I love the big fish with personality.

I had a tiger Oscar that got to about the size of my hand, great looking fish, unfortunately one day it decided to jump out of the 75gal tank I had and my cat at the time got a hold of him. Only other fish in the tank at the time were a big Jack Dempsey and giant Plecostomus.

Miss having tank but will one day hopefully do it again, probably without the mma fish though...

Oscars are very cool fish. Many people feed them right from their hand. I haven't had any in years because they tend to poop a lot and dirty a tank up quickly. They are a cichlid and some can be aggressive, but for the most part they are a good tank mate to anything not big enough to eat.

Oscars are very cool fish. Many people feed them right from their hand. I haven't had any in years because they tend to poop a lot and dirty a tank up quickly. They are a cichlid and some can be aggressive, but for the most part they are a good tank mate to anything not big enough to eat.

Oh man, had to have the sucker in the tank otherwise to much to fast.

When I was a little kid my father had a small tank in his office at work with a handful of small oscars. Eventually only two were left and they got pretty big by eating the gold feeders. One feeder grew to big for them to eat, so it was a tank with two large oscars and 1fat goldfish. Growing up it was a lot of various freshwater fish, but I always liked the larger ones.

Oh man, had to have the sucker in the tank otherwise to much to fast.

When I was a little kid my father had a small tank in his office at work with a handful of small oscars. Eventually only two were left and they got pretty big by eating the gold feeders. One feeder grew to big for them to eat, so it was a tank with two large oscars and 1fat goldfish. Growing up it was a lot of various freshwater fish, but I always liked the larger ones.

Pleco's don't eat poop lol......no fish do. Pleaco's eat the algae that grows on the glass and rocks and the food the other fish miss that gets on the bottom.

Just wondering there are any other folks here into aquariums? I just got my 125 gallon tank back up and running after a several year hiatus. I keep central and south American cichlids mostly. I just have a firmouth, 2 convicts and a flowerhorn right now. Plan to add a festae as soon as I can find one. At one point I had my 125, two 55'separate and a 10 gallon hospital tank running.

Sounds like you were worshipping fish, based on the prior information. Sounds cool nonetheless. Had a little fish tank until one fish started eating the others.

I know, :lol.

But being as dirty as they are everything builds up that much faster including the algae and whatever floats down.

Oh ok, gotcha. Yeah, I am actually running my 125 without a pleco now because I really don't like them. They poop WAY too much. I'm using an anti algae liquid that seems to be working well.

Here is a quick pic of my 125. Right now I just have a small Flowerhorn cichlid, a Firemouth cichlid and 6 tiger barbs for target fish. I have 2 Festae's and Salvini's on the way next week. Starting them all out small so they can grow together, but my current 2 cichlids have already gotten into a fight lol.

20160528_084920.jpg

Last edited:
Back