April Fool's Day Shenanigans

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllisonAmy

Hoarder of Larimar
Reaction score
Does anyone have some good stories to share? (Yes, I tried using the search feature to see if a thread like this already existed and I couldn't find one.)

I work for a dietary supplement manufacturing company and we got our plant manager really good one year.

A few days prior to the first, we told him that a customer complained of bugs in her bottle of product and that we were having it picked up. We made up a box to look like we had done a call tag on it and gotten it back from UPS. We re-labeled two bottles of product to make the date stamps look appropriate. We put some flies and feathers into both bottles. On one bottle, we put a new seal, lid, and celon to make it look like it had never been opened. On April 1st, we told him that the bottles came back and he really needed to take a look at them. He immediately thought the person put the debris into the first bottle. When he unsealed and poured out the second bottle, he turned absolutely white when the feather came out. We(about 15 of us) followed him from a distance when he was walking over to another building where the owner was. The owner was in on it. We yelled "April Fool" at that point. He needed to sit down for a while after that scare.

Last year, I altered my company's DNS server so that all requests to facebook.com were rerouted to myspace.com. The few people who asked about it (nobody wants to admit to me that they're on Facebook @ work), were told "I heard something about myspace buying Facebook the other day. I thought it was just a rumor... guess not."

shenanigans-pistol-whipping.jpg

I'll make a point of googling every post that everyone makes from now on, just in case there's a Reno 911 reference hidden in it.

i was planning on swapping the common room tea with my ex-gf's slimming/laxative tea earlier.....then i thought i should do this before handing in my resignation letter.

Does anyone have some good stories to share? (Yes, I tried using the search feature to see if a thread like this already existed and I couldn't find one.)

I work for a dietary supplement manufacturing company and we got our plant manager really good one year.

A few days prior to the first, we told him that a customer complained of bugs in her bottle of product and that we were having it picked up. We made up a box to look like we had done a call tag on it and gotten it back from UPS. We re-labeled two bottles of product to make the date stamps look appropriate. We put some flies and feathers into both bottles. On one bottle, we put a new seal, lid, and celon to make it look like it had never been opened. On April 1st, we told him that the bottles came back and he really needed to take a look at them. He immediately thought the person put the debris into the first bottle. When he unsealed and poured out the second bottle, he turned absolutely white when the feather came out. We(about 15 of us) followed him from a distance when he was walking over to another building where the owner was. The owner was in on it. We yelled "April Fool" at that point. He needed to sit down for a while after that scare.

:rotflNow THIS is damned funny!

I used to work for a company where the general consensus was that April Fool's day was the biggest Holiday of the year. It was pretty difficult to get people on that day because everybody was such a practical joker all the time anyway. But I did get my boss one year. I have to admit, though, this didn't happen on April Fool's day. It happened a few work days after the Christmas party we had where we all drew names to exchange gifts and I drew his.

I bought him a thermal reactive shirt. It changed colors from green to red depending on the temperature. It was green in the colder, air conditioned office and red out in the heat. When it changed colors, I had everyone act as though it was the color he was wearing all the time. He caught on quickly enough (he was the biggest prankster of any of us). I just about busted a gut when he noticed the change outside, did a double-take, and played it off. Then the dispatched later told me that when he went back in, he told him that he could have sworn he had worn a green shirt to work. Then he heard him say "F'in Steve" (that's me) when he noticed the shirt change back in his cooled office.

I dont have a great April Fools one. People seem to expect that everything I do that day is a prank. I like to keep the guys at work laughin, since our job can be a little stressful. I do have a good one from around Sept. '08 though.

We were about 5 months in to a Iraq deployment. And I got a Offical message about some of the guys in the platoon's orders to new units. We had one guy who was sweating bullets because his wife was kind of a ______ about moving. I took the electronic copy and added all his information and put the code for a unit in Okinawa Japan (we were based out of NC, where his wifes family lived). He thought I was joking till I gave him the printed out copy. He was so heart broken and pissed. I didn't tell him it was a joke until after he called his wife, becuase that was the part we really wanted to see.

Best part is. A few weeks later. He really got orders to Japan. I was beside myself with joy when he didn't believe it. I had to get my boss to tell him it was real.

Ahh. The things you do for a laugh. To bad the receiving individuals don't always think it is so funny.

Back