Apone's Custom Bumblebee Leader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apone

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just wanted to share...this is my first TF that I have done any custom paint on..let me know what you think...first pic is the out of box photo..
photo-2.jpg

And these are the after..not exactly sure it is done..im sure I will add a touch here or there..but this is to date:
IMG_1664.jpg

IMG_1668.jpg

IMG_1679.jpg

IMG_1684.jpg

IMG_1686.jpg

IMG_1687.jpg

IMG_1671.jpg

Thanks..i personally think he looks badass..which is all that metter really.. not really into the Bayformers..but he is a cool figure.

Yea..thanks DM and Crimson...I see others on here that people cream in their pants over and I dont think they are all that great..I am really impressed with how mine came out.

Great looking paintwork. Thanks for the all the pics of your work. Dunno why this Bumblebee didn't see as much love as some of the other customs.

The articulation in the original figure looks good so it does look like a figure costing much more. The weathering and repaint really removes the plasticky toy look from the toy to elevate it to "collectible" item.

Looks like you painted the yellow and the dark grey parts.

Did you have to disassemble the figure for painting?
Is the texture on the grey "metal" something you added or was that a feature of the original figure?

I actually didnt take him apart when painting..his articulation and transformation was good enough to be able to get into all the nooks and crannies without too much effort...im sure at some points it would have been easier to take him apart but I didnt mess with all the pins. The paint is layered...with flat black as the base on all metallic parts..i used a steel paint dry brushed onto the black and then a silver paint for depth and accents...also dry brushed.

I did not paint the yellow parts...being my first stab at repainting a TF I thought I would just do the metallic and weather the yellow....id probably repaint the whole thing if i had to do it again..i just painted a Skullgrin and completely repainted the entire figure.

Just wanted to share...this is my first TF that I have done any custom paint on..let me know what you think...first pic is the out of box photo..
photo-2.jpg

And these are the after..not exactly sure it is done..im sure I will add a touch here or there..but this is to date:
IMG_1664.jpg

IMG_1668.jpg

IMG_1679.jpg

IMG_1684.jpg

IMG_1686.jpg

IMG_1687.jpg

IMG_1671.jpg

That is an awesome re-paint. I wouldn't dare be able to do that with mine as I would not know how, but you have hit the nail on the coffin perfectly.

Thanks..I am sure I will find bits here and there I will want to add to him...but I am happy with him so far

Back