AOTC review by the same funny guy that reviewed TPM

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know the guy who made these, you wouldn't believe it if you met him. He's extremely quite and very nice, but is a very gifted actor and hilarious when he needs to be.

"Episode 2 is the worst thing ever created by a human"

I agree. I wholeheartly agree. I can watch Episode One, I can even watch Episode Three...but ____ Episode 2. Hated that movie when it first came out, still hate it now.

"Episode 2 is the worst thing ever created by a human"

I agree. I wholeheartly agree. I can watch Episode One, I can even watch Episode Three...but ____ Episode 2. Hated that movie when it first came out, still hate it now.

Same here...but he actually managed to make me hate it more with his detailed story analysis.

That Lucas is something else. And he made an excellent point about when you hear stories that Han Solo was originally going to be a stupid alien, etc...that maybe he's (Lucas) always been somewhat of a hack, but outside influence prevented him from going "all out" with the OT.

Same here...but he actually managed to make me hate it more with his detailed story analysis.

That Lucas is something else. And he made an excellent point about when you hear stories that Han Solo was originally going to be a stupid alien, etc...that maybe he's (Lucas) always been somewhat of a hack, but outside influence prevented him from going "all out" with the OT.

Oh, what REALLY could've been.

/shudder's

I'm only on part 4. He's so dead on.

This makes you guilty for even remotely liking these films. It makes me even more angry at Lucas for crapping on my childhood memories with this thing called the PT.

It also makes you appreciate the OT that much more.

It really does. I've never been a PT hater. I try to look at the bright side and see all of the good stuff in the PT. But AOTC was always my least favorite Star Wars film, and watching these reviews has helped me pinpoint a lot of the parts that were so unsatisfying for me. There's just no emotional connection like we had with the characters in the OT. Sure, we have a bit of an idealized, nostalgic view of the OT because we grew up with it, but damn...

When I think about what Star Wars prequels might have been like, it does make me kind of depressed. :sick

Two parts (scenes) he showed in the review that hit home were....
(Where he was explaining the supposed friendship between Anakin and Obi and then showing the parallel kinda with Luke and Han)

In ANH where Han kinda shoves Luke's head after the death star trench scene where they celebrate in a moment of glory. And at the end of ROTJ where Han and Luke Hug and embrace hard in the Ewok village. It just truly looks so sincere and REAL! Can you imagine if we had seen that kinda emotion with obi and ani in the PT?

I try to look at the bright-side with the PT as well, but truth is there's just too much wrong to compliment the good, and it gets washed away.

I dunno, depressing? Yeah!

Last edited:
Finally got a chance to watch these, love 'em! It's great that he's able to mix humour (and the dark humour also) with very well thought out, intelligent points.

I just about lost it in the final part when ESB Yoda was making all the "implied facepalm" expressions...

Ins't it widely understood that the act was stiff, lifeless, and cardboard? The romance is forced. The lines are groan worthy and awkward. They haven't seen each other for ten plus years and just like that they fall in love? And how, they hardly know each other. What could she see in Anakin except a whiny brat.

Every point he hit home on. A capable bounty hunter, hiring another capable bounty hunter, using a robot to deploy two bugs in a window.

Jackson being totally miscast.

Obi-Wan and Anakin's friendship not seeming like a true friendship.

Everyone knows Lucas surrounded himself with too many yes men and gave himself too much power on these. The fact that in the OT he didn't have to really on CGI and green screen and it all felt real. He had other directors and writers. Now he just seems like he's totally in it for the money rather than the story.

Nowadays due to the prequels and these crappy kid shows now...SW is a joke.

His reviews are very much an intellectual deconstruction of these films, mixed in with some humor here and there. The truth be told, these films contradict the very nature and passion of the original trilogy. Disposable one-liners, pretty pictures, familiar imagry, music and sounds is a passionless endeavor to recapture lightning in a bottle.

I admittedly was caught up in the hype of watching "new Star Wars movies" and now that has worn off. Seeing it from a simple logic perspective, it just makes me sad and respect the original trilogy that much more.

I truly cannot wait what he has to say about Revenge of The Sith.

Padme's "losing the will to live" death should be plenty of fuel for his fire.

:monkey4

That and "Noooooooooooooooooo" should be interesting for him to comment on.

Back