Anyone who can repair a PF Lightsaber?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Some time ago my Anakin PF took a tumble after me stupidly bumping the shelf he's on. The leg that housed the wires to the light up feature broke at the knee alone with a couple fingers. I've glued and repaired the fingers back and glued the knee back on so it looks brand new but lately I have been missing the light up feature as I did like to use it every now and then and I'm terrible with electric wiring and things of that nature so I haven't the slightest clue on how to fix it.

So, with that said, does anyone have any idea how to possibly get the lightsaber to light up again? I'm sure the original way to do so with the push button on the base is a no go but maybe another way? Or am I just SOL? :lol

I think I saw a thread a loooong time ago where katkuru changed his blade to a cathode blade?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! :wave

Love to help you out, but I have no idea what they use in the PFs. If you want to do a Cathode saber conversion then I can help.

Love to help you out, but I have no idea what they use in the PFs. If you want to do a Cathode saber conversion then I can help.

thanks Nate! :hi5:

I wouldn't mind going the cathode route since they look much better than how the stock light up feature looks. I'll be sending you a PM once my boss leaves in a few :lol

oh would love to see that outcome.. would be interesting to mod all the others PF with the old technology

I mentioned this to Gipetto already, but as far as I know the Cathode tubes only come in 6" and 12". Since the PF blades are 9", neither will work.

So did anyone make this work? I've got a Cyborg Darth Maul which won't light up one of the lightsabers because the inside is broke on one of them (bought it that way). I'd pay good money to have them both work again.

Has anybody been successful doing this?
I would love to to fix my Cyborg Darth Maul as well.

Thanks for the reference Agoniste.

Yes, I can repair/rebuild PF CCFL sabers as well as convert other PF to CCFL from LED or unlit. Repair/rebuild will re-use the electronics in the base of the figure so there will be no physical difference from new, except a new and better lamp. Conversion will be similar to my 1/6 sabers and will have a very thin set of wires going from the hilt to a small inverter which then has an extension wire and switch attached to an ACDC power supply that you plug into the wall. I also have battery eliminators that you can use in any battery powered PF to allow you to plug them into the wall (switch included).

My Sabers thread is here: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...sabers-1-6-vader-luke-worldwide-shipping.html

Back