Anyone know if I can use BD armor from mk 3 on mk 3 diecast??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eljay360

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I got a mk 3 diecast on its way and wanted to know if you can use the battle damaged pieces on the mk 3 diecast? I would be stoked to still use some of the bd armor on the newer better mk 3.

I might be wrong here, but I have a pretty strong recollection of people saying that was not possible. There are tons of third party BD parts for the DC MK3 on ebay though. Hope that helps!

It absoloutly does man. I was curious about all of those sets on ebay.

There is a BD set for $49 on ebay right now, been itching to pull the trigger on it but haven't seen any reviews so far.

I remember looking into this, and at least the chest plate from the old BD Mark III doesn't fit the diecast version (they cover different portions of the torso).

For those who are interested, I wrote a post (post #6136) a few months back about the third-party BD pieces for the diecast Mark III. And here are some pictures I posted of the torso pieces:

mark 3 closeup 2.jpg

mark 3 closeup.jpg

mark 3.jpg

Do you have a pic with all of the BD arm, leg, shoulder, chest, and mask parts on the DCMk3?

Do you have a pic with all of the BD arm, leg, shoulder, chest, and mask parts on the DCMk3?

I don't have a picture with all the BD pieces on the figure. Most of the ebay auctions will have a picture with the chest, shoulder, and helmet pieces on. The arm pieces had barely noticeable BD (and were nearly impossible to remove after switching them), and the leg pieces are on the calves, so you'll almost never see them from the front.

The major problem with the BD pieces (aside from the larger fit) is that they're a darker shade of red than the Mark III figure, so they stand out unless you're clever with the lighting. It's similar to the Mark 42 and its BD pieces where the BD didn't match the rest of the figure. If I have time this weekend, I can try to dig out my figure (everything's in boxes) and take some pictures with the BD pieces attached.

Back