Anyone interested in a Black Costume Spidey Comiquette?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dana P.

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I love the look of the Iron Spidey Comiquette, but I think that a Black Costume Comiquette would be even more killer.

I know that Bullseye is with me on this. Anyone else? And, what are the chances of something like this getting made? Do any Sideshow reps check out this forum?

I love the look of the Iron Spidey Comiquette, but I think that a Black Costume Comiquette would be even more killer.

I know that Bullseye is with me on this. Anyone else? And, what are the chances of something like this getting made? Do any Sideshow reps check out this forum?

A comiquette? I don't know. But a Sideshow Spidey PF with the Symbiote Suit? YES!!! :joy

Which is funny because it seems like we've seen EVERY version of Spidey in a PF OTHER THAN the infamous Symbiote version.

A comiquette? I don't know. But a Sideshow Spidey PF with the Symbiote Suit? YES!!! :joy

I know that PFs are the Preferred Formats 'round these parts, but I think that for some characters straight sculpts/comiquettes are the way to go. Case in point with Iron Spidey. And Black Costume Spidey is so sleek, I'd rather it be a pure sculpt.

Which is funny because it seems like we've seen EVERY version of Spidey in a PF OTHER THAN the infamous Symbiote version.

That, and Spidey 2099. Which may get rectified, since the 2009 Universe/characters may be making a comeback... Which should make you happy, based on your avatar! :)

A symbiote suit would come off tacky if done with fabrics. If they could cover the polystone with some sort of rubbery, shiny substance it'd be ideal but if that can't occur a Comiquette would be the best way to go.

Personally if its just a Symbiote version I'd like something similar to Web of Spider-Man 1:

1-1.jpg

but if SSC would make anything I wanted, I'd want the next Spider-Man to really be unique like this:

59705symbiote400fb2.jpg

We really haven't. Spider-Man has had about as many costume changes as Iron Man but their "Classic" Spider-Man for lack of a better reference is more the Erik Larsen Spider-Man than anything else who often inverted the Black/Blue and had the suit look Black/Red with only blue highlights. They need to do an actual Silver Age Classic Spidey:

first-spider-man-comic.jpg

Oh and until this gets done as a PF:

sixarmedspidey.JPG

There will always be one more Spidey piece to be done.

A symbiote suit would come off tacky if done with fabrics. If they could cover the polystone with some sort of rubbery, shiny substance it'd be ideal but if that can't occur a Comiquette would be the best way to go.

Personally if its just a Symbiote version I'd like something similar to Web of Spider-Man 1:

1-1.jpg

Web of Spidey #1 is perhaps my favorite image of the Black Costume. If it's not my favorite, it's in my top three easy.

Yeah, no offense to anyone wanting a PF, but I too echo The Mike's sentiments regarding fabric. I fear that it wouldn't do justice to the piece whatsoever. As far as a rubbery substance goes... that sounds risky.

A Comiquette that serves as a type of companion piece to Iron Spidey seems to me the best way to go.

Now, what do you think the Sideshow crew would think of this idea?

Web of Spidey #1 is perhaps my favorite image of the Black Costume. If it's not my favorite, it's in my top three easy.

Yeah, no offense to anyone wanting a PF, but I too echo The Mike's sentiments regarding fabric. I fear that it wouldn't do justice to the piece whatsoever. As far as a rubbery substance goes... that sounds risky.
A Comiquette that serves as a type of companion piece to Iron Spidey seems to me the best way to go.

Now, what do you think the Sideshow crew would think of this idea?

I definitely see The Mike's and your point about the fabric. But Sideshow could find a way, right? :lol

Well let me clarify. Symbiote Spider-Man or any Venoms including Carnages would have to have a rubbery or shiny coating materials over the Poly to look right. Now Spidey did wear a standard Black suit at the time of the McFarlane run and further where you would use "spandex" which for PFs have been done in fabrics, so that isn't out of the realm of possibilities. Now, the thing is where it gets dodgy is that with the Classic Spidey PF is a mix of Poly and fabric. The fabric pieces are done fine but the seams are obvious. With a whole costume being done that way it'd be tricky not to get it looking like this:

320476636_12c1c49dec.jpg

instead of this:

88e1af00e6da4a3ebc9f20bsy0.jpg

I would love a Spider-Man 2099 variant, exclusive maybe.

I've always loved the 2099 suit, as with most of Spidey's other suits.

Granted, I don't know if a Spidey 2099 Comiquette/PF from Sideshow will ever come to pass but if an Iron Spider-Man is made then who knows? Sideshow has been known to announce the unexpected. But you can bet that I'll be the "first" in line if one ever is done.

In case this is a legit question The Six Arms Saga is a story arc that spans the issues Amazing Spider-Man #100–102 in the 70s. Spidey brews up a chemical cocktail intended to terminate his spider powers when he wakes up, he has six arms and increased spider powers. Morbius bites the Lizard and that particular enyzme that he is inflected with leads to a cure when it was removed from Connor's blood and synthisized into an antedote. One of the iconic and classic Spidey stories.

i think it will eventually be done, but im hoping that they do some other characters before revisiting another spidey. i kinda like the material that medicom used for their movie version venom, that leathery type stuff that looked a lot like what was used for the movie.

The issue of fabric is a good one. I too also believe this would be better as a comiquette for that issue alone. Smooth polystone would make the symbiote suit look better than fabric...

Back