Anyone here own ths ss 1/6 gillman?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazypredator2

Super Freak
Reaction score
IF SO, how is it holding up? still intact, any cracking, tearing etc?
i'm kinda wanting one, so just checking to see how they've held up over the years, since they have a vinyl suit.is it worth getting?

I've had mine since they were first released, and he's holding up beautifully. I honestly believe this guy is Sideshow's finest hour...PS

dust, cigarette smoke, and direct light are killers when dealing with latex.:peace

Actually oxygen is the main killer, and unless you have a airtight container latex WILL deteriorate. I think the Creature from the Black Lagoon and Metaluna Mutant figures must be some kind of silicone based material, not latex.

Sean

Actually oxygen is the main killer, and unless you have a airtight container latex WILL deteriorate. I think the Creature from the Black Lagoon and Metaluna Mutant figures must be some kind of silicone based material, not latex.

Sean

If they are silicone...then they should be fine for a lifetime shouldn't they?

I store my masks in a walk in closet that very rarely sees the light of day or dust. They'll rot eventually, I suppose. But, then again, so will I.:horror

As you wish...
PICT0009.jpg

PICT0014-1.jpg

Rather surprisingly,this is about it for pix of him.Especially when you consider that he's one of my favorite figures(I actually PLAY with him occasionally)...PS

Yep, no signs of deterioration on mine.

I was wondering the other day if a different body might fill the suit out better? A minor thing; but the buck body is pretty emaciated looking especially from the side.

Mine is still in great shape as well.
It's amazing how well this old figure holds up next to even some of the most recent Hot Toys releases.

Yep, no signs of deterioration on mine.

I was wondering the other day if a different body might fill the suit out better? A minor thing; but the buck body is pretty emaciated looking especially from the side.

I've considered using one of the Pros. But don't want to ri$k messing him up. :lol

Same reason The Mummy is as Sideshow shipped him. What a letdown. . .

Back