Anyone good with cars? Got a question...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What did he actually do for $130? That is why I work on my own car, a simple oil flush for $130 is basically putting an additive cleaner in the oil sump and let it run for a few minutes then drain the oil and replace the oil filter and fresh oil. You don't really need that is you do your oil change as recommended. How much miles do you have? Did the mechanic recommend a oil flush rather then a fuel injector/manifold cleaning?

What I do in every oil change is adding a bottle of Chevron w/ techron fuel additive. About $8 a bottle at walmart.

I do love my Toyota too, never gave me problems until now. Well today after work I am going to pick up my car from my mechanic. $130 for general service and flushing of the engine. He did all the tests he could without actually opening up the engine. No oil leaks, no coolant leaks. Said everything should be good to go and if the smoke continues, try giving it a month to see if it goes away. Again, he found no problems whatsoever. At least I get my car back! If everything is fine and dandy, I will forever thank Ms. Amanda Bynes.

What did he actually do for $130? That is why I work on my own car, a simple oil flush for $130 is basically putting an additive cleaner in the oil sump and let it run for a few minutes then drain the oil and replace the oil filter and fresh oil. You don't really need that is you do your oil change as recommended. How much miles do you have? Did the mechanic recommend a oil flush rather then a fuel injector/manifold cleaning?

What I do in every oil change is adding a bottle of Chevron w/ techron fuel additive. About $8 a bottle at walmart.

He used flush solution and a machine is pretty much all he told me. But turns out the problem could be much worse. As I drove it away the car basically stalled and a ton of smoke poured out that I had to take it back. They are going to have to open up the engine. I also do not change my oil often, in fact, I can't remember the last time I did. I suck at taking care of cars :( I hope my car is not about to become junk...

Fortunately the Corolla is not part of the recall. I've had her for like 7 years with no problems...bought her brand spanking new with less than 5 miles on it. I really hope to get a good 10 more years out of this car.

Not gonna happen if you don't maintain regular maintenance man. I'm not sure about the wait a month and it should go away though.

Not gonna happen if you don't maintain regular maintenance man. I'm not sure about the wait a month and it should go away though.

Well, my car is officially crap! Sludge buildup in the engine = get a new engine. Cleaning it won't help, and I asked two mechanics. I am not going to spend close to $10,000 to fix a car worth half that in trade-in value. The trade-in value of it is between $5000 and $6000 according to Kelly blue book, I got an offer for $2500 for the car as is already. I am not gonna sell it just yet, as my dad (who is also on the title) has to sign off as well if I do sell it and he wants to try and fix it somehow. The good thing is I got a nice 7 years out of the car and now I get a to look for a new car. I was stupid when I bought this, but hey, I was 17...

That sucks man. Have you tried to find a used motor from a salvage??? My friend got a complete motor and transmission for $3k from a car that was totaled....nothing wrong with either.

What about the oil level, it seems that It could only be water or oil, that's making the smoke from your pipes. Also what does it smell or taste like that will be your key...

Back