Anyone gonna customize the new 2010 Hasbro At-At?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstep13

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was thinking about taking a shot at it to darken it up a little bit, its just too darn light. Ive never customized anything before. Im sure I need to coat it 1st with something to allow the paint to stick on the smooth Hasbro plastic. What should I use? Do I use anything to seal the paint after painting it? Any tips from the great customizers would be greatly appreciated!! :hi5:

Well depending on the plastic you can always take a fine grit sandpaper and VERY carefully run it along the area's you want to paint. It gives the paint something to grab onto and ahear to, sort of like alot of glues like.

Though I'm sure theres lots of less time intessive work like some sort of special paint. As for putting something over it, no matter what I paint or type of paint I use, I always clear it with Krylon rattle can matte clear. In cooler weather it likes to cloud, but I have never, ever had any trouble with it besides things that were my own mistake.

Good luck and I hope to see the final project!

Im thinking about giving my snowspeeder a little weather damager.... my plan of attack would be to give it a light sand, and start painting....

Mate I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy, I also re-did the old Hasbro and AT-ST and found that giving them a wash in warm soapy water will get rid of any factory reisdue.

Once the vehicles dry give them a spray of Tamiya's German Grey and then let dry, once this dries give it a spray of Tamiya's Light Grey.

The reason I spray a darker colour firsy is that once the lighter colour goes over it will show details better. Once you have sprayed both colours use a very ligt wash of Matt Black over the whole vehicle, the light matt black wash will get into all nooks and cranny's and show the details even better.

Once the was has dried yu can give it even more details such as oil stains, rust, snow sluch etc. I have add pics of the AT-AT and AT-ST for a little referencea nd also a link to my tutorial section and it will show you the way I did the AT-ST.

scroll down to almost the bottom of the page for AT-ST tutorial
https://www.hemblecreations.com/tutorials.htm

Ron

Thanks Ron... Im going to use the same recipe for my snowspeeder.... its very blah out of the box...

Hi All

FLOSI - Not in my neck of the woods as of yet mate, but then again where I'm posted even the TRU takes it's sweet time getting stuff in. But I'll keep my eyes open that's for sure as I would love to customize it big time.

Ron

I was a little surprised at the size of the box. Not quite as massive as you'd think. About half the size of the Big Millennium Falcon box....

Can't wait till my son is old enough to start playing with the BMF. :D The box eats up a ton of closet space.

Back