Anyone else receive a damaged Iron Man LS bust?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
customizerwannabe said:
When you send it back, keep the nameplate. That shouldn't be a problem.
From my experience Sideshow makes you send everything back.

RoboDad said:
On mine, the bust and nameplate are perfect, but the mask is a mess. The top corners are both pretty banged up (dented, scratched, scuffed, and one part badly repainted), and there is a chip on the inside area. I'm hoping I can just get a replacement for that piece, rather than having to return the whole thing...

Ditto...

Can anyone say battle dammage?

im_damage1.jpg

:monkey2

ghettoenhanced said:
Ditto...

Can anyone say battle dammage?

im_damage1.jpg

:monkey2
Ouch. I've sent off my request for a replacement mask. Here's hoping that the wonderful CS folks at Sideshow can help me out (and save themselves a lot in shipping costs in the process).

Do you think I've buttered them up enough? :D

Received mine today after a nightmare with the delivery (arrived at local St Paul, MN hub and instead of getting delivered was then loaded on the wrong truck and sent to PA, then had to be shipped back to MN...grrrgh) and of course when I open it, it had all kinds of paint rubs on the chest and a few on the back. The plastic cover on the front side was loose and I have all kinds of paint rubs on the chest and couple of chips on the edges of the armor. Also had chips on the inside of the mask as well.

Last edited:
Well, SS CS got back to me and it seems there is a delay on replacements:

Thank you for taking the time to contact our Returns Department. I’m so sorry to hear that you have received a damaged piece.

Currently we are experiencing an anticipated 30-90 day wait on a replacement for this item. At this time I have 3 options to extend to you:

- A temporary full refund on this item with a booked replacement order to be fulfilled as soon as the replacement is available.

- A full refund on this item and no replacement.

- An immediate replacement of this item, however you will not be issued the same edition number for this piece.

Please let me know how you would like to continue.

Would you also be able to provide photos of the damage to the piece? I would like them for the returns log as well as passing them along to production. Also a photo of the QC stamp/sticker if possible as well. Please attach them the response email in .jpg form.

So, it seems like replacements are available, we might have to wait on them, though. I think if I get another damaged one though, I'll give up and just take a refund. I'm not really into busts that much (other than the Women of the DCU).

funny, .... i received a different e-mail. They stated that either I keep it or get a refund due to lack of replacement availability :monkey2

Maybe the response differs based on who handled the email, and how the replacement request was worded?

Here's the response I got:

Thank you for taking the time to contact our customer service/returns
department.

Per your previous email, I understand you have an Iron Man Bust with a
damaged mask. We currently have a 60-90 day wait for replacement masks
on the Iron Man Busts. Please let me know if you would like to be added
to the wait list or if you wish to receive a full refund.

I'm now on the wait list for a replacement mask. :)

Polystoner said:
Well, SS CS got back to me and it seems there is a delay on replacements:

So, it seems like replacements are available, we might have to wait on them, though. I think if I get another damaged one though, I'll give up and just take a refund. I'm not really into busts that much (other than the Women of the DCU).

They are offering you a replacement immediately without the same edition number (up to 550 for the regular version), which means they would send you a non-exclusive. The only difference is the exclusive came with the Iron Man plate and the low ES (400). If you're planning on displaying the bust and you don't care about the number, grab one. Make sure you keep the name plate though.

What's weird is the SS website says they have exclusives on second chance in stock. If they are saving those for new customers instead of replacements, that would be bogus!

The response I got was:

1. Keep the damaged piece and get a 15% discount

2. Return it for a full refund

3. Get on a wait list for a replacement

I chose the third option and then proceeded to write a paragraph asking Sideshow to seriously look at their QC issues. For the cost of the pieces, I expect better QC. I can't imagine how much extra money they end up spending on the shipping of returns and replacement or even destroying damaged pieces and manufacturing extras.

Wow, we're getting all kinds of different responses back from Sideshow CS returns. I wonder if they are getting deluged with returns for this item. That's a shame because this bust is great looking. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens. I asked for a replacement and sent the photos, I hope I get a replacement soon.

This is really weird. Why is everyone getting such varied responses? It makes me worry just a bit about the level of internal communication at Sideshow.

Either way, I have to wait 60-90 days to get a replacement for my "battle-damaged" mask. Could be worse. Could be A LOT worse.

RoboDad said:
Either way, I have to wait 60-90 days to get a replacement for my "battle-damaged" mask. Could be worse. Could be A LOT worse.

Yeah, agreed. We could be dealing with Gentle Giant! :emperor

mine had some minor scuff marks on the front and back but not as bad as some have posted. it's barely noticeable. i absolutely love mine! the paint is a very deep, glossy coating. i feel like putting a coat of car wax on it. :D

IMG_4588.jpg

IMG_4589.jpg

IMG_4590.jpg

IMG_4591.jpg

IMG_4592.jpg

IMG_4593.jpg

IMG_4594.jpg

Back