Anyone else just feel that earthquake in socal?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerninja

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Apparently just had a 6.9 right past the border of socal. All my ____ was shaking and I'm way up in north county san diego.

Anyone else feel that?

I did the stupidest thing possible (safety wise) which was run to my detolfs (GLASS :p) and hang on to them so they didn't fall over lol

hope everyone is ok

It was a ever so gentle swaying motion here in L.A., I thought I was getting dizzy, until I actually saw stuff moving. Everyone is all good here.

Damn, Juan! Lucky...

I ran and stood in front of my polystone (I guess I was thinking that I could grab something) but thank God, didn't need to. But all hanging stuff was swaying pretty good in my upstairs apt...

____ man...
it was awful here in San Diego...
I was actually in my collection room when everything started shaking...
I saw all of my figures fall down...
my whole collection is in the floor...
a few minor breakages...
____...
Being in a 4h floor is quite scary at times like this...

Yup, had a rolling back and forth motion. Thought I was tripping at first. Then saw the figures moving and I knew it was on. :google Luckily nothing fell down. Never thought the sound of Detolf moving could sound so scary.

That sucks Kuzeh, glad everyone else is ok. Though its not glamorous by any means, there are some advantages of living in Pennsylvania.

Dealing with cold wintry weather > dealing with earthquakes

Are you kidding I.C.?
Ma, I've felt some strong ones while in Mexico City...
this was up there... 6.9 quite strong...

Not all my collection but at least Vader, my Ninjas, Most of my MOTUC, MJ, Aliens, Preds and a few SW figures...
it was strong...
Anyway
I'm going downstairs for a little while...
Be back later...

____ man...
it was awful here in San Diego...
I was actually in my collection room when everything started shaking...
I saw all of my figures fall down...
my whole collection is in the floor...
a few minor breakages...
____...
Being in a 4h floor is quite scary at times like this...
sad.gif

BTW are you going to Monsterpalloza next weekend?
I'm hoping to go on Sunday. :D

Its good being from Ireland, no earthquakes 4 me:D ..but i do have 2 pay extra on shipping ..:monkey2

Yep...
I'm telling you...
Being from Mexico City, I've experienced quite a few strong earthquakes,
and this one was very strong...

The ironic thing is that I was just about finished re-organizing and cleaning up my collection, and I usually shake the bookshelves strongly to make sure my figures don't fall down...
As soon as I'm done, I notice the figures are still shaking... and suddenly I felt everything shaking...
I'm on a 4th floor and the Emergency stairs is on the opposite side of the building, and at first it wasn't too bad so I decided to stay.
Then it started to shake pretty bad... I noticed how a couple of figures took shelf-dives and at that point I decided to stand under the frame of the door of my collectibles room.
It went from bad to worse as I saw my Preds, Alien, and some SW figures fall down...
then my Castle Grayskull fell down and took down a few MOTUC figures on it's way...

I began to worry, and suddenly I thought I heard a window crash...
that's when I thought this was it...

Then it finally stopped... turns out, the 'shattering glass" was actually a bunch of my wife's beads falling off of their little drawers, but she has hundreds of them that she uses for jewelry...
it's scared the ____ out of me...

Anyway, after close inspection about 10 1/6 figure fell down, only damage was my Custom EB Bruce Lee's head snapped and my SS Vader saber broke @ the hilt... :monkey2
My Billie Jean MJ has a looser leg... I think the knee peg might be broken...

Other than that, none of my MOTUC seem to be damaged...

Ironically my HT Warrior Blue Alien is still standing... :dunno...

Back