Anyone else buy one of the TTM19 knock-offs?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

<BEASTMASTER>

Super Freak
Reaction score
These: Similar to TTM19 for Hot Toys 1 6 New Muscular Emulated Action Figures Man Body | eBay

I say knock-off though kinda looks like a proper cast off! Overall looks ok for the money, though I noticed there is a very strange peppery chemical smell to the rubber, the sort of smell of cheap nasty quality rubber. Is anyone else getting this with theirs? When I smell a genuine HT TTM19 it is pretty much odorless. Kinda makes me think are these knock-off made of bad compounds or something?

Also the arms and hands seem pretty flimsy rubber and not as stiff like the HT. The legs on mine are very loose and rattely. Anyone else got this with theirs?

I guess you get what you pay for :ohbfrank:

I have one of these, but I don't have any of the problems that you listed. I like mine, and I like that it is an affordable answer rather than spending over a hundred bucks for virtually the same thing. My only complaint with any of these bodies is I wish they'd put as much effort into the legs as they do the upper body, so I could make a Tarzan, or John Carter, figure.

I just want hot toys to make truetypes again, sick of the cheap imitations on the market, yeah there cheap and there cheap for a reason, crap materials, loose joints and shiny plastic:monkey4 I hate them but eventually we have to get them as the price of hot toys Truetypes hits the roof, I'm ok with paying 50-60 dollars for a hot toys body knowing the quality will be good, joints tight, plastic is matt finish and is solidly made. This could all be avoided if they would just produce a batch a year like they used to, heck as much as I'd like to see newer body styles put out like the bane style body, the new commando body and so on I'd be ok with simply getting some new narrow shoulders and ttm19s reproduced with no heads.

Sick of dealing with cheap knock-offs and part outs of hot toys bodys where you got to buy hands an feet pegs separate along with the hands and wait, there's no feet, but the bash I'm doing requires feet for the boots I'm using and wait...the neck adapter is not included ether and its sold out......, oh yeah a also want a stand for my bash.....gotta buy that now and they only have them with logos that I have to paint over now I paid 80 dollars and still don't have extra wrist pegs and janky base and one pair of hands:slap:slap:slap

Sorry rant over:monkey3

Last edited:
It had some fume issue when I first open it, but it went away.

My 2 problems with this body.
#1 is their knee joints.
Rotating joints are very good for the price, but the connectors keep popping off from top and bottom (specially when you bend knees more than 90 degrees. This happens on both knees, so it's design flaw.

#2 is neck joint.
It looks as if it has joint articulation at the root inside the rubber chest, but it's stiff and no articulation at all like HT bodies.

Yeah the legs are the worse part. Seem a bit loose and also why are the extenders on the ankles so tall? Looks out of proportion. I always wondered why the heck Hot Toys only releases such a limited supply of these bodys. Their recent releases are already sold out and selling for sky-high $$ on ebay :-\

Mine dont smell. But i dont expect cheap plastic from china to be NOT toxic.

Yeah the right leg on mine makes a terrible creak when I move it, yet the other is fine. Also there was a small hole in the back of the arm where the plastic hadn't formed properly.

If this plastic is toxic than would having it in your environment day to day be bad for you? Or is that just a case of kids chewing on it?

I'm considering buying another one of these knock offs. Though are there different manufacturers of these? The one I previously bought had a much darker skin tone than a dx05. I can see one on ebay that looks lighter flesh tone though you can never trust those pics.

;8065249 said:
I'm considering buying another one of these knock offs. Though are there different manufacturers of these? The one I previously bought had a much darker skin tone than a dx05. I can see one on ebay that looks lighter flesh tone though you can never trust those pics.
Make sure you get a version 4 model, they have matter skin than the version 3s.

Ah cool, cheers. Not seen a v4, only the v2 with skinny legs. Do they usually go on ebay? Is the v4 skin tone still darker than a dx05?

There some types for KO too.
I used my KO body and in good shape for DX11 alternate head. So far so good

Back