Anyone able to write off their statues at tax time?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diecast

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of starting my own home based business, complete with home office. Now with that, I am able to deduct certain "decor" in the office as long as its considered normal and in line with my industry. I'm in film and games (including 3d modeling and sculpting), and normal studios are typically littered with toys and figures. Im just curious whether anyone else has actually done this before or if I should just let the dream die :) And obviously im going to consult with a tax professional, but i was curious if anyone else had already done it.

I am a tax attorney. That'd be really tough to defend in an audit. You'd probably lose.

SnakeDoc

If you were to include any of your figures in professional jobs, or as instructional tools in an education setting, you'd be able to write them off as materials?

I took several tax classes in law school and can echo SnakeDoctor's post, (although his is based on far, far, far more knowledge than me).

Don't even try and risk it, audits are not enjoyable and the odds are never in your favor to win them.

Back