Anybody else notice how valuable the RWOS has gotten recently?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lakeshouse said:
PM sent !!! :monkey5 :bow

Looks like Radagaster has a taker.

LH I would have that guy send you more pics, it would suck if Rad drove (gas)all the way down there and it was not in the best condition. Then again he could talk the price down a bit.

A seriously regret when SNA had it for $320, and it had no takers for weeks on end. But like most, I thought the prices were gonna drop some more.

Heh, the RWOS was one of the first ones I snagged, and was debating whether paying $340 shipped was a good price (because it had already been sold out at SS/W). I suppose hindsight is always 20/20.

I was on the wait list forever for this one from SS, but he finally came thru and with a coupon. lol i think I ended up getting him for less then $240 somehow..

It is truley The piece to own. I finally boxed him up a few weeks back and am still just blown away at the detail of this one.

It's weird I have been debating parting with him just b/c $ is so tight, but i really figured the pirce would never go high enough to tempt me.

I paid £225 ($443 at the current rate) for mine which is the second highest amount I've paid for a statue (Saruman was the highest).

Nice to see the price going up but I can't ever see myself selling this piece.

elwood49 said:
Just out of curiousity, I was browsing Ebay to find the value of my RWOS. I saw that all of the auctions are listed at around $1,000. I also saw this:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230044864312

This is one piece that I'll NEVER get rid of barring extenuating circumstances. This and Gandalfax are my favorite LOTR pieces. I just thought it was crazy that these are going for this much now with a 5,000 ES. I paid around $650 shipped for mine during the height of the SS/W craze in early '05. I should have waited a bit as they went back to the $450 range the following summer.

That listing has been relisted. :monkey3

https://cgi.ebay.com/SIDESHOW-WETA-...ryZ86935QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This piece will go up and down, but overall will hold its value despite the ES. LOTR stuff will likely start to heat up again from now until April or so. Better to wait to get the RWOS. I see it go from $375-1000 in the last year, wide fluctuations. Sold one of my perfect ones earlier this year for 700 bucks... needed the money. Have one more left which I'm unlikely to part with.

My first and fave SSW piece.

I have two, 1 on display and 1 in case something happens to the one on display.
Same for Gandalfax, ML, AragornSteed and Berserker. :D

Back