Any way to fix bent peices?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spirit Warden

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I purchased a Weta Witch-King: True Form statue on the 28th of August and when I first opened it to check for damage and take pictures it was fine. E.g

Fn8sbMh.jpg

UrAodCC.jpg

When I took it out again 2 days ago for some better pictures some of the crown's spikes were bent for no apparent reason. I also noticed the Morgul Blade was ever so slightly bending upwards and I was wondering if it was possible to fix them and get them back to being straight, am I now doomed to having bent parts or having to buy another one if I can find it?

I also wanted to mention that the holes in the head where the spikes are inserted seemed to have been put in incorrectly, the one at the front is a little tight meaning I can't get it in all the way and it's off-center so you can see the blue paint behind it. The back hole is so tight the spike won't actually fit, so advice on how to fix that would be great. Cheers people.

pmthRrh.jpg

mVcIDRT.jpg

e40ahin.jpg

9cXmL2h.jpg

Vu61dv6.jpg

ManOBSx.jpg

OoV7m8a.jpg

Oh and just thought i'd mention that i've tried fixing the pieces by bending them in the opposite direction, it works for a maybe a minute but they slowly creep back to the bend position.

what material is it, if it's rubber or soft plastic you can dip in hot water or use hairdryer to soften them up, arrange them in the position you want, hold it in position and dip in ice cold water, or wait for it to cool down on it's own.

what material is it, if it's rubber or soft plastic you can dip in hot water or use hairdryer to soften them up, arrange them in the position you want, hold it in position and dip in ice cold water, or wait for it to cool down on it's own.

I believe the morgul blade is polystone, as for the spikes i'm not sure. They're not polystone, they may be rubber but whatever they are they're flexible. Would using hot water or a hairdryer damage the paint?

I believe the morgul blade is polystone, as for the spikes i'm not sure. They're not polystone, they may be rubber but whatever they are they're flexible. Would using hot water or a hairdryer damage the paint?

hairdryer unless you overdid it. warm water should be safe. you want it hot enough to start become flexi then dip in cold water after you fixed it.

Yes, it will.
Fantastic.

Last bit, as I mentioned the holes in the head are slightly too small or misaligned a tad, i'm guessing a drill would fix this though I worry about how steady my hands would be and possible causing damage to the statue. Is there a type of shop that would be able to correct it?

Fantastic.

Last bit, as I mentioned the holes in the head are slightly too small or misaligned a tad, i'm guessing a drill would fix this though I worry about how steady my hands would be and possible causing damage to the statue. Is there a type of shop that would be able to correct it?

If they just need slightly enlarged you could get a small round file and do it by hand.

Back