Any vintage customizers out there?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and a doll dot...........:yess:................i mean........:mad: boooooo.........:lol

great work man, that's as about as retro as retro gets.....:hi5:

Anyone out there interested in some side work to paint a few of the extra Lando heads? I'm looking for a professional looking paint job, that's similar to the photos I posted above, which btw was done with cell vinyl paint used for cartoon cells.

Also, I'm looking for someone that can replicate Lando's original outfit - shirt, pants and cape.

Please send me a PM if interested.

Thanks!

I thought I would resurrect this thread for DARTH-THRASHER as we discussed me doing this outfit for him a bit ago, and just the other day found the last of the necessary vintage fabrics to replicate the prototype outfit.

Anyhow here is the one of the reference pics he sent me that I shrunk down the resolution by 50% to upload and post, and I think we are in agreement it is probably closest to what the production version would have looked like. It also seems like it may be part of a series of shots taken for the actual figure boxes.

Ref02Lando00small.jpg

As you can see the cape is blue, unlike some of the other pics where it seems more gray, and the pants are very dark blue (almost black).

So far besides the shirt edging, which is common at any sewing store, I found every thing needed and finally I got some actual matching vintage fabric for the shirt at a wholesale fabric warehouse I recently found out about that has just about every thing including vintage fabrics that are nearly impossible to find because they haven't been made in 30+ years (they had some of the most hideous fabrics anyone has ever seen :horror). The sad part is I was there for 5 hours and barely scratched the surface of what this place has, its an absolutely huge old 3 story factory building with crap just everywhere, and some sections of this place seem to require some sort of climbing gear to access.:lol

Here's a few new photos of the head repainted. The flesh tone is lighter than the original photos. Vivisect is also hard at work on the costume, and it's nearing completion!! :yess:

Here's a few new photos of the head repainted. The flesh tone is lighter than the original photos. Vivisect is also hard at work on the costume, and it's nearing completion!! :yess:

That is awesome, still one of my favorite projects. I can't wait to see it finished!

Reference pictures for Lando prototypes are a bit all over the place as far as colors and minor details go, so I thought I would post the reference picture that is closest to what the finished one looks like as far as shirt and cape color.

refLando002.jpg

Darth-Thrasher was leaning more toward the gray cape version, as its what they used on the smaller figures if I remember right, and I actually agree and think it makes it a bit cooler. I actually stumbled upon material that seems to be a perfect match for the gray cape, which was sort of a life saver, since the biggest problem with this outfit was finding materials.

I actually had to find a second shirt material after figuring out that if the material wasn't stretchy almost like spandex you could not get the shirt on the figure, due to the lack of articulation and the broad shoulders, and that really limited color and material choices, unless I just used a cotton T shirt material which would not have looked right at all and would have been a last resort, but I found something that was very close to the kind of material they used for Hans shirt, but in a light blue.

So basically 90% of the work on this outfit was finding materials and trial and error, and making the satin edging myself, which I have to admit was a nightmare.:lol

Anyhow I will post pics of the outfit as soon as Jeff has seen the pictures I just sent him.

The other day I ran across a picture of an early mock up version of Lando, and Darth-Thrasher actually had
a much better picture of it already and sent it to me, so because its so funny I had share it with you all.

reflandohardyboys.jpg

Kenner apparently decided that the Hardy Boy's Parker Stevenson figur they made would work fine as a Lando
mock up for the outfit with just a little paint and a drawn on mustache.:)

Looks like Lando walked in on Leia changing.....That, or they were mining for more then just gas on Cloud City.

Awesome project! Looking forward to seeing the final results.

Looks like Lando walked in on Leia changing.....That, or they were mining for more then just gas on Cloud City.

Awesome project! Looking forward to seeing the final results.

:lol:rotfl

I just reviewed Vivisect's pictures and they look fantastic! I can't wait to receive the costume and put them on Lando!!

Lando's looking great so far! Outstanding job everyone! It's nice to see so many talented individuals coming together to work on a project. Can't wait to see it done!

Here is a pic of the nearly complete Lando. I asked Vivisect to do an additional shirt in a color that I thought was a little closer to the original. He's also making some minor adjustments to the cape. Hopefully he'll be back to 100% soon :pray:

Back