any uk freaks got Obi Wan 12" yet?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alice Adrenochrome said:
It's been almost a week since FP delivered Han, Mace and Obi to their UK customers... EU people that ordered straight from SSC are still waiting... There's even no tracking info yet.

Yeah, Same thing for me. I keep checking my account page to see if ive been charged but nothing so far.
Ive decided that from now on, unless the exclusive is an absolute 'must have' (like Qui Gon's poncho for example) im going to pass on ordering direct from Sideshow and just buy from FP from now on. Shippings a lot cheaper and you get the figures faster.

I have to cut down on what i buy anyway. My main collecting focus has always been Darth Vader. Since SS have been making these figures Ive been tempted away from that by the coolness of the figures, But i think from now on (for the sake of my bank balance if nothing else) Im only going to Buy OT characters or Sith from now on. Its been fun buying and recieving the ones i have bought, but i just cant justify the money (or the space in my flat) anymore.

sideshow just sent me 2 cancelation emails for mace and obi exclusives.:confused:
i didnt cancel and there's money in my bank so what could have happened
and is it possible to get them to re-instate them.im very upset to say the least:monkey2

the Doctor said:
sideshow just sent me 2 cancelation emails for mace and obi exclusives.:confused:
i didnt cancel and there's money in my bank so what could have happened
and is it possible to get them to re-instate them.im very upset to say the least:monkey2
If you have 3 figures on order they may have combined all three on one order number. They've done that with my Mace and Obi. (although not QuiGon:confused: )

I've just signed on to my sideshow account to find my Obi Wan has been "cancelled", No e-mail, no nothing, If this "cancellation" is because they will ship Han & Obi together then fine, just let me know what the hell is going on.
One thing i have to say is Sideshow sure know how to p**s off their customers, Their Customer service is terrible, They do things like this and give you no information, Plus for us living in the U.K getting hold of them either by e-mail or by phone is another pain in the butt.

lawtonn22 said:
One thing i have to say is Sideshow sure know how to p**s off their customers, Their Customer service is terrible, They do things like this and give you no information, Plus for us living in the U.K getting hold of them either by e-mail or by phone is another pain in the butt.

:lol :rotfl :lol

I'm still waiting on solo, kenobi and windu too... But i got a mail yesterday saying they will combine all 3 into one shipment, so hopefully they will ship out.

Just read the posts about the 'cancelled' status thang. So I went and checked my account page. Mine still says order placed for all three. I'd be pleased if i was gonna get my three figures all shipped together to save on charges, But It is kind of poor that we're still waiting to even get past that 'order placed' stage here in the UK. its 2 weeks now since i got my 'charging cards in 3 days' email.

And as the poster above said, Its kind of difficult to just call them if you live in the Uk. Especially the hours i work. Im gone to work before anyones likely to be there in the US and by the time i get home theyve prolly all gone home too.

oh well. :rolleyes:

Yes, SSC is probably doing a lot of effort to combine all of your figures. That's money saved! O.k., perhaps they should have sent a mail to explain what's happening to those that didn't get one or didn't ask for combined shipping, but I'm pretty sure all those cancellations are because they are combining the orders, and they want to make sure you don't get double charged. Or something :D
Personally, I find this a great initiative!
To bad Qui-Gon is more than 14 days behind, otherwise he could be included as well. Would save an other $34 (that $29 for shipping, and $5 tax (!) on shipping).

orders canceled emails are not good when you've been waiting ages for a product which will be hard to find on the seconary market.checked my account and it doesn't say shipped just "canceled":emperor

lawtonn22 said:
Plus for us living in the U.K getting hold of them either by e-mail or by phone is another pain in the butt.

Not so Good sir,

I am a citizen of this our United Kingdom and never have a problem with SS Customer Service.

Send an e-mail and Jenny will sort you out!

Vaderx said:
Just read the posts about the 'cancelled' status thang. So I went and checked my account page. Mine still says order placed for all three. I'd be pleased if i was gonna get my three figures all shipped together to save on charges, But It is kind of poor that we're still waiting to even get past that 'order placed' stage here in the UK. its 2 weeks now since i got my 'charging cards in 3 days' email.

And as the poster above said, Its kind of difficult to just call them if you live in the Uk. Especially the hours i work. Im gone to work before anyones likely to be there in the US and by the time i get home theyve prolly all gone home too.

oh well. :rolleyes:
Vaderx, looks like SSC is combining all EU collectors orders in the EU warehouse at the moment. That's the impression I get while reading this thread. But since there is no change in your account, it might not be a bad idea to contact CS about your status. It happened in the past that an order was overlooked. So, you better contact them if you want to be sure.

I've got to say that when i say I'll be on the phone tonight I'll be speaking to Jennifer and I have no doubt that all will be well. She's worked more than one miracle for me in the past!

Dear Valued Customer,

This email is to inform you that we will be combining orders T******, T****** and T****** to save you on freight costs. Please note this may cause several of those orders to appear as cancelled in your online account. Please do not be alarmed in any case and save this email as confirmation that we have combined these orders to be shipped together under order T******.

You should be able to see these changes (the updated/consolidated order) in your online account after 24 hours.

Thank-you for your orders and have a great day.

Best regards,

Destiny Sobel
Customer Service Representative

Ive just sent off an email asking whats happening with my order. Starting to get a little worried now. Im a little nervous cos the last time i emailed sideshow about something (i never recieved a 'sold out to the dark side' shirt i was supposed to have won) I never ever got a reply.

abstractharmony said:
Not so Good sir,

I am a citizen of this our United Kingdom and never have a problem with SS Customer Service.

Send an e-mail and Jenny will sort you out!

I,ve been using the customer service forms, (i've used them before & got replies 4 or 5 days later) is there another way then ?,
I've seen "jenny's" name crop up in at least one other post, how do i get in contact with her ?.
With my Obi order being cancelled i was worried Han might go the same way, so i thouhgt i'd look for an alternative supplier, I picked him up at Forbidden planet in cambridge, i count myself very lucky as it was the only 12" star wars fig they had - One hell of a good figure, The pic's on the various threads don't do the sculpt or outfit justice + Lighting really does affect how good Han looks - i painted the hairline in and drybrushed the hair a lighter brown, and touched up the whites of the eyes (Han looked like he'd either been drinking or spending to much time with pete doherty), i only did these minor jobs to enhance, Overall really pleased with him.

IronFingaz said:
Dear Valued Customer,

This email is to inform you that we will be combining orders T******, T****** and T****** to save you on freight costs. Please note this may cause several of those orders to appear as cancelled in your online account. Please do not be alarmed in any case and save this email as confirmation that we have combined these orders to be shipped together under order T******.

You should be able to see these changes (the updated/consolidated order) in your online account after 24 hours.

Best regards,

Destiny Sobel

If Sideshow have done this with my order i will quite happily eat humble pie, However i have not recieved any e-mails, spam or otherwise - to tell me this is being done.

IronFingaz said:
Dear Valued Customer,

Best regards,

Destiny Sobel

Exactly what I got, but then the email arrived saying that the "combined" order number had been cancelled, I can only assume (and hope) that they cancel the single figure order using that number and re-instate it as a double/riple figure order.
I spoke to Aimee and she assured me everything was OK.
I've also emailed Jennifer.........just to make sure.
I guess only time will tell!:confused:

Back