Any pics of the 13" Superman Returns?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Busts look good tho.

As to the figs, WHY O Why Can't DC go with Sideshow for PFs???????????

TheObsoleteMan said:
Except for a sharper face sculpt, I don't see how that 1/6 Superman could be done any better.

well, they could start off by making him in actual 1/6th scale, unless this actor is 7 feet tall. :google

one thing i'd change is the articulation on the upper thighs. the way that joint is designed, it's just a matter of time before the joint cuts thru the suit. :horror

the neck looks horrible, the lack of wrist joints suck, and the figure is overly muscled.:D

Ironman1188 said:
Looks like he belongs in a SNL parody. Not Superman. George and Chris are probably spinning in their graves. Bring back the real Supermen.

come on man! at least give this movie a chance.:joy if richard donner is cool with it, and with brian singer in charge, you have to at least give it a chance. i'm not real happy with the film makers re-visiting clark as a kid, but it's not like this is the jon peters/tim burton/nick cage version. that would have them spining:eek:

as a fan of the character and the film maker, i'm keeping an open mind. i think brian singer has earned that much.:peace

captain sack said:
well, they could start off by making him in actual 1/6th scale, unless this actor is 7 feet tall. :google

one thing i'd change is the articulation on the upper thighs. the way that joint is designed, it's just a matter of time before the joint cuts thru the suit. :horror

the neck looks horrible, the lack of wrist joints suck, and the figure is overly muscled.:D

I agree. The DC Direct body is terrible in the current market, and I can't imagine who thought it was a good idea to go with less articulation than what has become industry standard, and then turn around and overcharge for it.

And that head sculpt - egads, man. Remember this is a $50 or more figure! And it is supposed to be based on the movie, right, where a real human being is playing Superman? Nah, I'll be saving my money on this one.

You guys also might be interested to know (for those that didn't already) that WETA works has a license to create statues. Toyfare also has pictures of the original sculpting on a couple of these and I think the one with Superman flying with Lois is an amazingly beautiful and iconic image. I never buy large (larger than minis and busts) statues but this one......well, the sculpt just looks fantastic.
I really don't know why so many folks are hating on the "Superman Returns" merchandise lineup. The toys are just that, toys, which actually look like nice toys and should have fun features like car throwing and costume changing action, and the "collectible" type 13" figure and statues and bust all look at least okay. No, really, they do. Some a bunch better than okay.
I'm as critical a fanboy as the next, but this stuff doesn't look like crap and doesn't really deserve this level of abuse.
It just seems like were going nuts lately over goofy stuff whether it's SSC 12" "Han's" eybrows not being bushy enough in the preview picture or "Aragorn's" chin cleft needing to be deepened, making them too heinous to even gaze upon, or "I'd never buy a piece of junk like that - fill in the blank -" for almost everything. I know it's winter (for a lot of us) but I think we need to get out more and breath some fresh air.

Better pic of the SR 13" - but what is up with the hair?

The Weta looks decent - is he tossing Lois in the air and then catching her?

I really like the Superman/Lois statue. Not exactly sure what's supposed to be happening, but it looks cool. I can't wait to see more pics.

The costume looks okay. I'm not liking the head sculpt or the small S shield. Are those molded boots or fabric?
I agree the Weta statue looks great. Very dynamic looking. :drool

captain sack said:
come on man! at least give this movie a chance.:joy if richard donner is cool with it, and with brian singer in charge, you have to at least give it a chance. i'm not real happy with the film makers re-visiting clark as a kid, but it's not like this is the jon peters/tim burton/nick cage version. that would have them spining:eek:

as a fan of the character and the film maker, i'm keeping an open mind. i think brian singer has earned that much.:peace

I might be willing to give the movie a chance, but not the desecration of the Superman costume, which, I think is horrid, as well as the "toys" based on it.

The Kirk Alyn chapter plays are good fun and, anyone who can't appreciate the artistry of the Fleischer cartoons should not be allowed to walk around. :)

nmrcnc.jpg

VERY Cool Stuff from Toyfair. Quite interesting that DC has dove into the world of 1/4! Weta Rocks but I DO wish they had gone with Sideshow for that famous Greg Mowry tailoring!

The statues look great though! Anyone notice that the colour RED is featured on these, not Maroon???

And yes indeed The Fleischer Superman is one of the best incarnations of Our Man From Krypton ever!

MORE SUPERMAN THOUGHTS:

I wonder if the Kirk Allyn Serials will be part of the upcoming !14! disc Superman DVD set!

Ironman1188 said:
well, I like both, but then again niether are wearing a mini logo and red speedo likethe gay new outfit.

but you don't have a problem with the huge trunks the character originally had, or the freakishly huge, oversized "S" the alex ross version has? what about the kingdom come superman with the black and red "S". that's different too.

sure the costume looks different, but it still looks like superman. it's not like they are using the superman red, superman blue or the black suit jon peters wanted.

Back