Any pics of Ignite figures in hand?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, actually, I only have one knight, the Teutonic... but I hope that by this time next week the good ol'e Hospitaller will join his german brother in the holy crusade against the infidels! :D
Other than that, I've got Legolas, Aragorn and Boromir, but they don't feel too comfortable with a religious zealot...

But now that I've seen Calico's incredible work, I will certainly give more thought to customizing and weathering my Knights.

I will try to take better pictures this weekend, and thanks for looking in!

Best tool for getting mud or blood splatters like that.... Tooth brush.

Just soak it and run your fingers over it to get the paint to splatter across whatever it is you intend to spray it on. It works like a charm! I've used it on many many occasions and it never lets me down. :rock

I've finally had some time to take a couple of quick snapshots of the Hospitaller Knight.
Again, sorry about the poor photography, but I'm taking pics at night with no flash and no tripod...

I won't go into a review of the figure, as almost all of its gear is the same as the Teutonic's.
Let me just point out a couple of things:

1. HS is pretty bad. Maybe a repaint will help it out, but the Teutonic's HS is much much better, with better sculpt overall and better paint apps. Also, the Hospitaller's noggin seems to be smaller, which causes the chain mail on his head to "float" a bit. So, repaint or not, I'm not sure if I'll display this figure without the helmet, which is a shame, 'cause these knights do look quite fetching without their helmets!
2. The fabric of the outer tunic is different, this time around it is a heavier fabric, looks really nice, with great texture. The cut of the tunic is different as well, shorter and with a wider opening (for riding purposes I guess). The cape is also a different material, with a different feel to it, but it still drapes nicely.
3. The white crosses don't look as nice as the Teutonic's black crosses. This time around it's quite apparent that it's some sort of vinyl applied to the cloth, and the cape doesn't drape as nice because of that. Also, they're not quite white.
4. Helmet is the exact same as the Teutonic's, sans horns/wings.
5. Belts, dagger, sword, scabbards, spurs and shield are all exactly the same, just a different color.
6. Chain mail and inner tunics seem to be the same.
7. The axe is different, larger and of a differnt design.

That's about it...

My thoughts?
I love it! Just look at the man go for those pesky infidels:

DSC00509.jpg

Sure, virtually everything is a rehash, but man is it ever a cool rehash!
If I had to choose, I would go for the Teutonic, all in all, it seems to be the superior figure: better HS, clothing drapes better, and that helmet sure looks menacing!

But I'm very happy with both of them and am hoping that Ignite will give us a new Templar in white tunic with red cross and cape so that I can complete my "Military Orders of the Crusades" mini-collection.

DSC00502.jpg

And a couple side-by-sides with his Teutonic brother.

DSC00504.jpg

DSC00511.jpg

Hope you guys have enjoyed this little sojourn in the holy land.

If and when I start customizing these guys, I'll post more pics.

Congrats on having a great duo. Seeing those really gets me itching for the black knight. Here's that custom I promised you:

998figures_014.jpg

More on him here.

I noticed you found your way to OSW by now, so if you're looking to learn about customising Ignite figures you should definitely hook up with egozinc there for tips.

Effing hell!
Now that is a beautiful custom! Wow...

Yes, I have been around the OSW for a while, and I "know" Eduardo from the Sixth Division, he's one brilliant customizer, although I probably should say artist, like many of the talented people here and in other forums. Calling them customizers really won't do! :lol

But the use of the gloves is inspired, that and the chain for the cape. Very nice details.

Anyway, here's some more quick snapshots of the Hospitaller in day-light.

DSC00516.jpg

DSC00517.jpg

A more detailed look at the detail of the garments:

DSC00518.jpg

A close up of the HS... as I said, it's pretty poor, but who knows, maybe with a repaint. It does have a certain character. But you can clearly see how the hood of the chain mail just "floats" and no amount of futzing will help.

DSC00519.jpg

And the two of them getting ready to chop up some infidel butt! :lol

DSC00522.jpg

And by all means, do get that Hospitaller! Or the Teutonic, they are beautiful figures!

That custom is great. I'd have never guessed it was an Ignite. There's some potential in these figures after all.

Well, I'm back with a couple of pics of my Knights.
I've done a bit of customizing...

First off, repaints by Fabio:

DSC00541.jpg

DSC00550.jpg

Now some leather work on scabbards and a new sword for the Hospitaller (DML Timeline figures, repainted):

DSC00542.jpg

DSC00551.jpg

Repaint of the Teutonic helmet:

DSC00546.jpg

Ready to kick some infidel butt:

DSC00544.jpg

DSC00549.jpg

A couple of points: the leather bands on the chain mail were used to keep it from flopping around too much, and the swords (even Ignite's metal swords) were repainted with some special paint that looks dull when it's applied but that gains a perfect metallic sheen once you work on it with a cloth. I don't remember the name right now, but it is an amazing thing!
I also used it for the alien's teeth and it looks simply awesome.

Oh man, those two look sooo great together! :monkey5

Thanks for bringing up this thread, Abake!

But I was thinking of trying to kitbash a black Hospitaller myself maybe. It's really only the black outer mantle and the cape that are difficult the find, the rest is being sold loose on Ebay.
Hmmm...

Back