Any Photoshop Skilled Freak Want to Help a Fellow Horror Fan Out?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozzfan84

Super Freak
Reaction score
For the past six months I've been working on a comprehensive, book length document about the evolution of Hollywood's portrayal of people with disabilities in the horror film. It's technically for a graduate class, but it has naturally become a labor of love.

I want to spruce it up with a black and white cover featuring a variety of the characters/films covered in the book and a nice logo. I have all of the images I'd like on there already, and I just need someone who could put it all together and make it look nice.

I'm wondering if a fellow freak wouldn't mind helping me out a little bit. I am only using the art as something I could put on copies I hand out to my professor and friends and I will not use the art for sale in any way. Please let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks! :D

I'm a noob and I don't know what that means. However, I don't need a layout for the whole thing, as it will just be text with select images at the end of each chapter.

I'm just looking for a basic cover featuring certain images and a title.

I'd say try posting a pic of a rough sketch of what you want, to try and give everyone a better idea.

Great idea! I hope this helps:

img079.jpg

TheHillsHaveEyes.jpg

res4.jpg

tumblr_l7bd812hwK1qzr8nao1_500.png

large_original_TheElephantMan_Picture4.jpg

936full-harry-earles.jpg

14093667_114618721007.jpg

B91S9wCGkKGrHqFi0EzNfnmhtzBM68063Om0_3.jpg

You rawk, my friend!

If you can, maybe the sub-title will look better if it's cut to two lines (I just couldn't fit it myself when I wrote it out!) Also, I'd like it to all be in black and white.

Whats the author's name? Not to be picky---but how do you do a paper like this and not include a picture OF RONDO HATTON. I added him to what I am working on. Gimme an author name.

Whats the author's name? Not to be picky---but how do you do a paper like this and not include a picture OF RONDO HATTON. I added him to what I am working on. Gimme an author name.

PM sent. Thanks!

And yes, Rondo MUST be on the cover!

Ozz, can you post this when you're done? I'd be HIGHLY interested in reading it, and I have a feeling some other freaks would as well.

It's funny how the mentally disabled in regular movies go to war and become heroes, meet the president, & fall in love. But in horror movies-- they kill everyone.

Ozz, can you post this when you're done? I'd be HIGHLY interested in reading it, and I have a feeling some other freaks would as well.

Sure thing! Once it's done I could either distribute it by email or mail printed copies. It looks like it's gonna end up around 110 pages, but I'm not sure yet.

Sure thing! Once it's done I could either distribute it by email or mail printed copies. It looks like it's gonna end up around 110 pages, but I'm not sure yet.

I wrote a paper when I was in high school about fictional good vs. evil in film vs. real life. I was pleased with how the paper turned out and got high marks for it. I filed it away and forgot about it. I re-discovered it a few years later, and thought I would show it to someone whose films helped to inspire me to write it. So I mailed it to the actor in question. You may have heard of him---his name is Christopher Lee.

He replied by sending me several autographed pictures....which he hardly ever did at that point in time. Especially Dracula shots.

Class act all the way.

REVISED:
86071514.jpg

Last edited:

Let me know if you need help with copyrighting. It's a hell of a lot easier than everybody makes it seem.

I wrote a paper when I was in high school about fictional good vs. evil in film vs. real life. I was pleased with how the paper turned out and got high marks for it. I filed it away and forgot about it. I re-discovered it a few years later, and thought I would show it to someone whose films helped to inspire me to write it. So I mailed it to the actor in question. You may have heard of him---his name is Christopher Lee.

He replied by sending me several autographed pictures....which he hardly ever did at that point in time. Especially Dracula shots.

Class act all the way.

REVISED:
86071514.jpg

that story rocks! wow, thats pretty cool
I love what you did with the pics too,

I am too really interested in reading it when you are done ozzfan84

Back