• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Any interest in defective ht luke esb?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaggyfx

Super Freak
Reaction score
title says it all, he's the non exclusive, so here's the story, got him brand new factory sealed, the antenna he sits on: one of the three rods that screws into the main piece doesn't have a threaded piece on it, not broken of, just simpley not there, also the little "ticket" that's a part of the packaging that has "luke skywalker" cut out of it doesn't have the L cut out, so it literally says "uke skywalker" that being said, the rest of him in amazing, love the figure, just wondering if i'd be able to sell him the way he came, thanks guys

title says it all, he's the non exclusive, so here's the story, got him brand new factory sealed, the antenna he sits on: one of the three rods that screws into the main piece doesn't have a threaded piece on it, not broken of, just simpley not there, also the little "ticket" that's a part of the packaging that has "luke skywalker" cut out of it doesn't have the L cut out, so it literally says "uke skywalker" that being said, the rest of him in amazing, love the figure, just wondering if i'd be able to sell him the way he came, thanks guys

Your piece is not defective. "Uke Skywalker" is Luke's half-Japanese brother, of which Hot Toys produced an extremely limited 4.4 pieces. Expect yours to sell for threeve billion rubles.

Will someone buy it? Very likely if the price point is good. I just bought one in good used condition for $220 shipped from a member.

Last edited:
If I'm reading your post correctly, your set is not defective. "Uke Skywalker" is a known issue and affected the first batch or two, if not all of them (mine's in storage, so can't check at the moment).

The antenna coming apart is also known. It's supposed to be glued (or maybe it was supposed to be friction held), not threaded, just HT used a really weak glue so some people have commented on it coming loose, previously.

If you were just looking to sell him and get your money back I'd recommend parting him out. You can easily make back $300 w/o selling the weathervane or box. The undamaged head alone sells for around $100.

The weather vane has numerous threaded parts and screws holding it together in addition to glued parts - without better description or photos it's kind of hard to tell what's actually wrong, but when I read that a significant part is "missing" then I don't imagine it's a quick fix. ;)

The name card seems to be an issue on a few sets, but it's by no means a major issue. It's probably not actually that common however. Sure, a number of members posted about it, but also plenty with no such issue, mine included.

BBTS still has 131 of these in stock for $275. If you don't want the figure, sell it for the same price shipped. If you do, then sell the weather vane and buy another one in proper condition.

Back