Any fellow FREAKS goin to the FX Show in Orlando? Adam West AND George Takei!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sladesuperagent

Mine's bigger.
Reaction score
And the guy who played Ned Rierson! Bing!
AND the chick from "My Two Dads"! Seriously.

I'll be there Sunday. Any other Freaks in Florida going?

Here's the link:
https://www.fxshow.com/

And here's what my roommate does all day:
DSC06311.jpg

And here's the shirt I wear:
DSC06668.jpg

True on both accounts! ZING! :rock :devil

I thought about it, but will probably go to MegaCon in early March instead.

I did the Megacon last year--most of the dealers said that if you're a toy buyer, the FX Show is better. And it did seem that there was a lack dealers at Megacon IMO. Lotsa artists, which is cool for the comic fans, but I was just there lookin for toys.

Margot Kidder's wacked-out appearance there made it totally worth it tho. Plus, my roommate's shirt was a big hit with--what's their name? Vader's Fisting? Vader's Handj...the guys in costume. :D

Megacon = megasuck That show has been going down hill ever since Crossgen took it over. FX is the better of the two shows for 12 inch figures and collectibles. Megacon is becoming overcrowded with anime and manga stuff. If you are into that it's great, but I prefer a comic show where at least half of the dealers are selling comic books or comic related merchandise. I can't make it down for FX and I wont bother for Megacon. I'm saving one of my trips to Orlando this year for Wrestlemania.

I wanted to go soo bad this year. But I am too damn broke to even make the drive. :lol

Les and I had to break tradition and resist the temptation this year. Next year is for sure though.

Megacon = megasuck That show has been going down hill ever since Crossgen took it over. FX is the better of the two shows for 12 inch figures and collectibles. Megacon is becoming overcrowded with anime and manga stuff. If you are into that it's great, but I prefer a comic show where at least half of the dealers are selling comic books or comic related merchandise.

There was a ton of Manga/Anime stuff last year--but now you also have the "Gaming" community too. And not only the card and dice games, but the "dress up and fight with foam rubber swords" guys that really make you feel ashamed to be in the same convention center with...

i wish i had known about this sooner. my in-laws live there and it's not a bad drive from jacksonville so i probably could have gone. i've never been to any kind of convention before but orlando is any easy place for me to get to. oh well maybe next year i'll be able to go.

out of curiosity what are these conventions like?

Bunch of us going Saturday from Jacksonville. FX is great! And I concur about Megacon. I've been going for 6 years now and it's really gotten terrible.It was just a fight trying to dodge the cosplayers last year and the toy pickings were slim. We're skipping that one this year.

Just got back from the show!!

LOTS of toys and not enough statues/collectibles.

What I got:

Koto Snowtrooper sealed for $40 (WOOT!)
Weta/SSC Kong V-rex skull sealed for $15

There is a guy there selling a buttload of V-rex skulls ($15), Kong skulls ($15), Kong vs airplane statue ($80), and V-rex vs Kong statues ($150)!!! This is a must buy for the show! My dad came thiiiiiis close to buying a V-rex vs Kong statue!! Too bad.

There was also a guy selling a regular Old Ben fig for $55. Maybe I shoulda bought that. :eek:

They also are selling an exclusive Sideshow Rambo Bronze bust exclusive to the show!

I agree, not enough statuary this time but it was a cool show. the only thing I picked up was a Palisades 12" Marvin Nash for $10 in anticipation of the SS line. I am pretty sure they wont be doing Marvin. There was a guy in the back with 6-7 of them clearing them for $10. I couldn't pass that up.

Got back a short time ago too... can now say I am a proud owner of a SS Jabba Throne!

Woot!!

:chew

Got back a short time ago too... can now say I am a proud owner of a SS Jabba Throne!

Woot!!

:chew

Sweet! 3 Questions:

1) Who had it (which dealer or store)?

2) How much?

3) Do they have more?

I already have one, but a friend is looking for one. Thanks!

Awesome! Marvin Nash for 10 bucks?!?! Gettin one. Old Ben for $55? Maybe I will do a lil better on Sunday--the ol' "You don't wanna hafta take it with you, do you?" trick.

Sweet! 3 Questions:

1) Who had it (which dealer or store)?

2) How much?

3) Do they have more?

I already have one, but a friend is looking for one. Thanks!

Hey Irish!
I got mine from Bad Apple Comics here in Orlando. They didn't have any at the show, but he had one last one at the store he was willing to sell without the Jabba. I got such a killer deal on it, at least I think. Sold it to me for 151.00 total!!!!
Sorry, wish he had more for your buddy!

PS - this thing is huge!!!

Good show. I think next year I'll go early Friday as opposed to Sunday. I felt like it was a little picked over today. I was really hoping for a JLU Grodd Pack, but I didn't even see any purple carded JLU. A lot of great old toys (the dude with all the M.A.S.K. stuff!), but the high-end stuff (1/6, busts, statues, etc.) was definitely underrepresented. I picked up an Old Ben for $50 and Mr. Slave for $8 and argued with a guy over a SS Mr. Hyde that had a 8 inch vertical crease down the back of the box--he wanted $60 and was kinda a ****** about it. My favorite piece of the show was the $500 Remote Control '54 Godzilla. I saw that thing in Tokyo years ago and it's always on the long and ridiculous list!

And thanks to the really, um, err..."effeminate" Booster Gold in brown loafers! He was hilarious in a mad Mario Cantone-sorta way. Thanks for the pic!
DSC06670.jpg

Back