Any effect of heat, humidity & cold on polystone?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valarauko

Super Freak
Reaction score
What, if any negative effect can heat, humidity and cold have on polystone statues? I have kept my collection (PFs, dios, busts & maquettes) inside since acquiring them but I'm running out of room to store things. I live in a climate of very hot & humid summers (90-100+ F) and winters with temps ranging from 15-40F. If kept in their protective styrofoam, box + shipping box, are statues relatively safe from deterioration?

If you have them in the foam and box...this is going to shield them pretty well from pretty much anything...I put mine in the attic whicis is 19 degrees right now and get to 90 degrees in the summer...they are all fine.

Thanks Canolli, that's good to hear. The past 2 summers in a row here have seen temps around 110F with ungodly high humidity (I live in the upper-South). I have a building in my back yard that, though well-built, is not insulated and not heated or cooled. If nothing else, I guess it could affect the art boxes that have a glued corner.

Rent a space with climate control,that what I do.5X10 should be enough for you it's only $78.00 a month.

I guess I should have specified extremes of those things. Every type of substance has certain parameters that it is best to keep within to preserve their condition.

Back