Any chance we can get a "pile of loot" feature for deployed members?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DPrime

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just wondering... I have to get my Sideshow Exclusive Joes, but getting someone to pick them up when they ship while I'm away is a REAL pain.

BBTS has a feature where you can pre-order stuff with the "pile of loot" feature on, and when you turn it off they'll pack up everything together so you can save on shipping.

I can understand why Sideshow may not want/be able to have that feature for everyone (these are big items, after all, and storage space doesn't come free), but I can tell you that it's a REAL help for someone like me who's in the military and isn't always able to control when he's at home, sometimes for long periods of time. Is there any way you guys can look at making this an option for those who serve and are currently deployed?

SS actually used to do this, if you asked them to. Before the new shipping prices came into being I always had several pieces held and shipped together to reduce cost... alas all good things come to an end and SS canned this practice with the introduction of the new shipping rates :(

Wish they would go back to doing this as I've found the new shipping rates to be creeping back up to the point of them not so far behind what I used to pay. Indy PF cost $110US to ship to Oz under the old scheme, Mola Ram PF $80US under the new :dunno

That's too bad - as much as I'd like to save on the shipping also, this isn't really the issue for me...

I'm hoping they might make an exception when it's out of someone's control, i.e. those in the military. The customer service rep I emailed didn't seem interested in helping in this matter, unfortunately, but I'm wondering if maybe I'd get more support here...

We do make exceptions for people in the military. You will need to call in and request to speak with the CS manager. You will also be required to fax in Military ID and a form!

We do make exceptions for people in the military. You will need to call in and request to speak with the CS manager. You will also be required to fax in Military ID and a form!

Hmm, well I kind of wish I had been told that before I left. Faxing in a form might be difficult now that I'm over here...

Though perhaps I can take a picture and send it via email.

Hmm, well I kind of wish I had been told that before I left. Faxing in a form might be difficult now that I'm over here...

Though perhaps I can take a picture and send it via email.

To be fair, you didn't ask until two days ago. Good luck; I hope SS works something out with you!

To be fair, you didn't ask until two days ago. Good luck; I hope SS works something out with you!

No, I had actually sent an email a few months ago before I left. I just decided to bring it up here on the off-chance that it would meet with a better response.

I'm glad that this policy does, in fact, exist. I'll have to give them a call when I get the chance...

Back