Any chance on raising the ES for R2 and 3PO?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I was thinking also, I was upset to see the edition size of only 250, really I am planning to buy the artoo lifesize by selling part of my collection but I can't afford them both right now and was expecting to buy artoo and then starting to save like 200 to 300 dollars per month to buy the threepio... this is very bad news, I might even reconsider buying artoo as they must be together IMO.
Please Sideshow increase the edition size, you are our only hope!:)

That was essentially my plan as well.

Well, I guess our only hope at this point is that they decide to release clean versions of the duo.

What warehouse do you speak of?
These are 'Made to order'.....they're not sitting in a warehouse. :rolleyes:

I'm talking about the magical warehouse of gumdrop fairies and lollipop lanes...

Or I was being silly as I made a point.:rolleyes:

With an additional :rolleyes: for :horror

:naughty

In the current economic climate an ES of 250 for an item priced at $5000 sounds good. If you can't afford one (or both) now maybe that's telling you something. Those that have $10,000 in their backpocket have already placed their order. Dreamers (and I put myself in that category) can dream, but unless the lottery goes my way in the near future these will not be in my collection (or too many other SW enthusiasts unless they've already made the commitment to thin out their existing collection to get the funds to get them)-- My counter point, without any emoticons, if you haven't put in your order the ship is sailing. Get on board or wave goodbye from the dock.

In the current economic climate an ES of 250 for an item priced at $5000 sounds good. If you can't afford one (or both) now maybe that's telling you something. Those that have $10,000 in their backpocket have already placed their order. Dreamers (and I put myself in that category) can dream, but unless the lottery goes my way in the near future these will not be in my collection (or too many other SW enthusiasts unless they've already made the commitment to thin out their existing collection to get the funds to get them)-- My counter point, without any emoticons, if you haven't put in your order the ship is sailing. Get on board or wave goodbye from the dock.

Wonderful counter point. Thank you for the insight.

:lol Nice! Now, that's what I like to see!

Seriously! That's more fun! ;)

:D Don't get offended by my opinion, seriously:lol. I just think that if someone wanted to get these by now they should have pulled the trigger and hence the low ES shouldn't be an issue. Either you have the money for them now or you've made the adjustment in your A) collection and B) spending habits to get the money and are ready to bite the bullet.

If you know for sure that there's no way on this Earth that you want to let these slip out of your grasp then buy them before they're gone... and as of right now there are 10 C-3P0's and only about 7 R2-D2's left (according to the website).

Buy or do not buy, there is no maybe I'll buy down the road (to paraphrase and horrifically misrepresent the philosophy of a wizened jedi master).:peace

Well...

You could always make your own.

While NOT cheap, the R2 builders club has all kthe plans you could ever want to make your own r@-D2 from scratch. Not up to that? Many members of the club make and sell all the parts you could ever want to assemble R2. Not only that but he'll be accurate, and if you want, you can have a life-size R2-D2 that rolls around, entertains kids, makes all the sounds. Better than Sideshows version. A fully functional radio controlled R2 would cost about what Sideshows would, depending on how much of him you make yourself. It would take a lot of time and effort, but easily doable. My wife is currently building an R2. Excited about the pars she has.

C3-PO is a little more difficult, and expensive. Not as many parts available, and the cost to do the metalizing is... not cheap from what I understand.

That's why I'm toying with the idea of just ordering C3PO and maybe building an R2 as a long term project. I don't think making a C3PO is doable, but from what I have read you can make an R2, and for less money than Sideshow is asking, depending on how much work you want to do and what functionality you want.

That's why I'm toying with the idea of just ordering C3PO and maybe building an R2 as a long term project. I don't think making a C3PO is doable, but from what I have read you can make an R2, and for less money than Sideshow is asking, depending on how much work you want to do and what functionality you want.

The more you say that, the more I think you are on to something there!

Back