Another Lost Predator by Hot Toys!!!? -- Na'vi Sapien

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Another Lost Predator by Hot Toys!!!?

I've been good, but money is a problem right now. My turn in the barrel for that BS I guess.

verry nicely done mate !

why not start your own company with skills like that haha

I'd love to if I had any business sense.:lol

You have some damn fine painting skills my friend.How much do you charge for such a custom?

Not enough to truly make it worth the effort I put into it. Once a piece is done, I quickly forget all the tedious work that went into it because of the satisfaction with the end result. Next time I always fool myself into thinking I'm going to do a quick easy job and charge accordingly, but then I can't put it down until I think it looks even better than Hot Toys could do. Good Enough just never is, you know.

Good call on the Na'vi Pred, predarnold.:rotfl Hadn't occured to me, but that is what it looks like.

Awesome job :rock I wonder if HT will do another lost predator.

Psyche!

Now that you're pissed off, take a look at this custom I did for robby321. He sent me an AVP body with a Lost head and a bunch of crappy recast/custom armor probably made from McFarlane figures and asked me to make him a blue Predator.

That's right...Blue. I wasn't sure how that would come off, but I found the idea interesting. If the Borg (Lost) Pred can be all green, why now an all blue one. Here are the pics he sent as reference of what he wanted.

He basically wanted this coloring...
2072932947_72781e6f98_o.jpg

...and this kind of patterning.
P7010017.jpg

The head was left up to me, so I went with inspiration from Predator 2, but in purples and blues.
Faces.jpg

Yeah thats mine, my fav colour is blue so i bought a piece of junk of a friend( SS if youve got any pics you should show the before and after shots just to see the diffirence):horror, and wanted a blue pred ( who knows what colours they come in )
and sent it off to SS, and gave him more or less a free rain with it and i am really really pleased with this, i know its not to everyones likeing but to each there own, i stuck with the avp armour as that is what he will be posed next to, again cheers SS ON an amazing piece of work.

That's some amazing work dude. If I had the spare money I would so get you to do something for me. That head pattern is just so amazing. I love it!

Amazing work dude! Looks great!!! I love the pattern on the head! :rock :rock

Great work, but please change the title. I actually thought HT were bringing out another pred. LOL

Interesting concept and unbelievable work! I like it!! :rock

Psyche!

Now that you're pissed off, take a look at this custom I did for robby321. He sent me an AVP body with a Lost head and a bunch of crappy recast/custom armor probably made from McFarlane figures and asked me to make him a blue Predator.

That's right...Blue. I wasn't sure how that would come off, but I found the idea interesting. If the Borg (Lost) Pred can be all green, why now an all blue one. Here are the pics he sent as reference of what he wanted.

He basically wanted this coloring...
2072932947_72781e6f98_o.jpg

...and this kind of patterning.
P7010017.jpg

The head was left up to me, so I went with inspiration from Predator 2, but in purples and blues.
Faces.jpg

Yeah thats mine, my fav colour is blue so i bought a piece of junk of a friend( SS if youve got any pics you should show the before and after shots just to see the diffirence):horror, and wanted a blue pred ( who knows what colours they come in )
and sent it off to SS, and gave him more or less a free rain with it and i am really really pleased with this, i know its not to everyones likeing but to each there own, i stuck with the avp armour as that is what he will be posed next to, again cheers SS ON an amazing piece of work.

I love the colour SS done an amazing job :rock

I'm unsure about the colour, but I love your pattern design and blending. Fantastic job.

i like the color choice. very unique and well made!

Thanks to all for the compliments. My favorite part of this hobby is sharing and seeing original work.

Abe Sapien's love child.:rotfl All right, the official name for this Predator is Na'vi Sapien.

Abe Sapien's love child.:rotfl All right, the official name for this Predator is Na'vi Sapien.[/QUOTE]

NOOOOOOOOO, :monkey1

( SS if youve got any pics you should show the before and after shots just to see the diffirence

Just a shot of the armor it came with. As mentioned the head was the Lost Pred and it was on an AVP body. The original forearms and calves had been cast into the armor. BTW, Robby, you got those extra parts included too.
HPIM5297.jpg

Back