Another eBay problem

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AIR

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was selling something and received 1 bid. I didn't receive payment after sending the invoice. The bidder asked me to sell it to second highest bidder. Told him I'll cancel it. Bidder has to confirm cancellation but hasn't after over a week. eBay says bidder has until 10 days to confirm. What happens after 10 days? Do I still have to pay final value fees?

I think you have to file a non paying bidder claim and after a certain amount of days close the case and you automatically receive the refund on final value fees.

I was selling something and received 1 bid. I didn't receive payment after sending the invoice. The bidder asked me to sell it to second highest bidder. Told him I'll cancel it. Bidder has to confirm cancellation but hasn't after over a week. eBay says bidder has until 10 days to confirm. What happens after 10 days? Do I still have to pay final value fees?

when you file a non payment, a case is open, if no response from buyer after 10 days, click the case again, you will have options to select and close the deal, you will get your ebay fees back if you paid, or deducted from the balance.

A buyer agree or ignore and you are ok. Only if the buyer declines do you not get your FVF, but then you can open a non-pay case and get a refund that way. Don't worry

Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear :lol

if you go the cancel purchase route it'd take much longer since you have to wait for buyer's respond then if nothing happens or fails you have to go to resolve a problem to open a non-paying case which will take around another 10 days.

usually after purchase if there's no instant payment you manually send another invoice via paypal, wait for 2-3 days, if no response either send another invoice, or send a message inquiring buyer, if no response or payment from buyer in another 2-3 days, click the resolve a problem link and open a case. usually you give buyer 7 days to make a payment. So once you open a case buyer has 10 days to respond/make payment, once 10 days passes click the case link and there will be something like "I haven't received payment" once you click that it will close the case and you get your fees refunded.

it's a long process. i cannot imagine if big sellers gets bombarded with non-payment purchases on purpose by some buyer with grudge or troublemakers, unless he sells multiple of same items his items are stucked for 2 weeks before getting relisted, if you sell 100 items it'd take a while to relist them. you can of course relist the items before the case is closed, and cancel the non-paying purchase, however you are subjected to buyer's decision. but then it only takes 5 minutes to open another account and purchase all your listed items.

The buyer has to accept the cancel bid request.

If a buyer does not pay for an item, ebay will automatically start the non paying bidder process for you. If they don't pay up, you are given a credited and the buyer given a non-payment mark.

Be sure to add the bidder to your block list.

The buyer has to accept the cancel bid request.

If a buyer does not pay for an item, ebay will automatically start the non paying bidder process for you. If they don't pay up, you are given a credited and the buyer given a non-payment mark.

Be sure to add the bidder to your block list.
It is not a bid, he already won. eBay won't automatically do that unless you have the assistant setup. I don't use that myself, so it is manual for me.

It is not a bid, he already won. eBay won't automatically do that unless you have the assistant setup. I don't use that myself, so it is manual for me.

i just opened a case, what i did was click the resolve a problem link beside the sold item in your selling list, there will have 2 options like i haven't receive payment & another option, i select non-payment option next page ebay tells me the case will be close if buyer pays, or i will get automatic refund in few days, last time i did it i have to click the case again to manually close it, not sure if they changed it but you don't need to go tru cancel bid/purchase 1st buyer has to pay, not accept or decline a cancel.

I just used it a few days ago and it is still like it has been for years. Nothing is automatic unless you set it up that way. eBay does not want it to happen automatically as you still have to pay the fees if you forgot to close the case during the window.

I turned automatic non-payment processing on, so I never even have to worry about it. After someone wins a bid, if they don't pay within 4 days, eBay will automatically open a non-payment case, send the buyer a warning, and then close the case and refund the fee to me after a few more days.

Doesn't matter, auction or BIN. He won the item. The process stays the same.

Setup your assist then.

I finally heard back from the bidder. He said he confirmed the cancellation but I don't see any changes to the listing. It still says a cancellation is pending.

Back