Another Ebay Advice Thread ???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KAOSINLA

Super Freak
Reaction score
Here's the story and I ask what you would do?

Sold an item with a "Best Offer" on 4-11. The buyer asked if he could pay at the end of that week, which I agreed to. At the end of that week he asked for another week, so I gave him a deadline of the 24th. In the meantime of that waiting, I saw that he purchased many items and paid for them??? But, he did pay on the 22nd.

In my listings, I state that I only ship to confirmed addresses and to the lower 48 States only. Well, the payment was from an unconfirmed address. Even though the Paypal payment page said that I was Seller Protection eligible, I called to make sure. I was told by 2 reps that I was not and was told to refund his payment and ask him for a new payment w/ a confirmed address.

It looks as though the buyers address is a drop shipper, which then is forwarded to Russia. Also, the buyer has prob. spent approx. 45k since becoming an ebay member in February. Also, Paypal instructed me to check the box in my account to block payments from non-US accounts if I don't ship internationally.

So, I told the buyer that I only ship to confirmed addresses and about the Seller Protection Policy and asked that he update his Paypal acct. Then I processed his refund. On the 23rd after multiple messages, the buyer said:

I had my address confirmed I just didn't choose alternate shipping address when I was making payment to you.

He then attempted to pay again, but Paypal blocked the payment because of the non-US Paypal account option checked. I explained to him what happened and unchecked that option.

Today the 25th, after seeing no new payment, I sent a msg. asking if he was experiencing any more probs and if I could assist in any way and I received this msg.

Hello dear seller!
I drop you a line to tell you that your money you refund me my bank still didn't get unfortuanatly
You sent refund to pay pal 23d of Aipril and bank still doesn't see it & I don't have them on my card
You asked me to send you address' confirmation but didn't wait and just made a refund...
I've spent today 2hours in my bank trying to solve this problem...
it is just strange situation but this is what we have:
I see on pay pal account your refund money, but my bank doesn't see it and I still don't have my money back on my credit card
Now I have to wait for result from my bank...it can take time...
Please wait with me too - as soon as I am ready - I'll let you know
Excuse me for any inconvenience please
Thank you for your understanding!
Best & kind regards,

I've already been charged, but haven't paid my ebay fees yet. I'm just not sure how to proceed right now, having never had a problem like this.

Thanks everyone!!!

if you just gave him the refund the bank does not see the refund, nor does the refund go through for at least 3 or 4 days.

the first time l got a refund from an ebay purchas with my visa threw Paypal it took almost a week before my bank confirmed it went threw.

If it's something you think you could easily sell to someone else, I'd stop working with him, he seems shady.

I was think about filing a violation w/ my terms and conditions on Ebay to get my fees refunded, but wasn't sure if I was locked in to riding this out.

He has done a ton of buying, at least from my perspective.

Here's his statment when asking for more time to pay:

Thank you for your letter
Excuse me for my silence please in a mess here...
Please may I ask you to be so kind and wait till the end of this week with payment
I buy a lot here and always pay - last months I paid here $44,210.02
So please could you wait till the end of this week?
Please confirm
Thank you in advance
Best & kind regards,

His feedback is 100%, but only a member since Feb 20. To spend that much makes me think of a CC scam.

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayIS...tab=AllFeedback&sspagename=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1183

him having 100% feedback means nothing now a days because sellers can't give negative feedback. most crooks on ebay have 100% feedback now when they never did before.

Indeed, what a horrible policy change that was.

Do I have to wait for his refund to process if he is still buying the item? Couldn't he just pay again?

Since I refunded him, he's spent $917.46 (only which I can tell through feedback)

Gut reaction from the information provided by you: Yeah, find a way to cancel this sale completely. Get your fees refunded, and don't spare his feelings. You don't need this kind of aggravation. Cut the dead weight loose. Oh, and in the mean time, put him on your blocked buyer list.

Gut reaction from the information provided by you: Yeah, find a way to cancel this sale completely. Get your fees refunded, and don't spare his feelings. You don't need this kind of aggravation. Cut the dead weight loose. Oh, and in the mean time, put him on your blocked buyer list.

I think that is what I'm going to do.

Here's his latest message:

Hello dear seller!
I drop you a line just to let you know again my Bank promised to get back my money in the beginig of the next week
Next Monday is State Holiday here in Russia - so all banks don't work
So is it ok if I ask you to wait till the 3d of May with payment?
Please let me know how is it going on there?
looking forward for your reply
I want to keep our good cooperation here, so tell me how the situation is, I have no money know but I'll do my best to find them even if bank will delay the refund of your money
Thank you in advance
Best & kind regards,

You should have just sent this guy the item with tracking when he paid you the first time. Problem solved.

You should have just sent this guy the item with tracking when he paid you the first time. Problem solved.

I wouldn't have qualified for Paypal Seller Protection even if I sent it with tracking, direct signature, and etc (which I always do anyways).

So me not having that and him not having a confirmed paypal address (which I require in the terms of my auction) equals no shipment.

Back