another cool 1/6 robot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually SS still has it up on their site. I really dig it and dig the whole SF3D/Machinen Kreiger model kit universe created by Kow Yokoyama (I think that's the spelling on his name). I have several of the old 1/20 scale models (unbuilt) and have picked up some of the newer model kits in the last several years. Just don't have the coin for this one though. Wish I could add it to my collection...

Actually SS still has it up on their site. I really dig it and dig the whole SF3D/Machinen Kreiger model kit universe created by Kow Yokoyama (I think that's the spelling on his name). I have several of the old 1/20 scale models (unbuilt) and have picked up some of the newer model kits in the last several years. Just don't have the coin for this one though. Wish I could add it to my collection...

oh yeah, you are right! took me forever to find it. I don't why its so hard to locate. Anyhow, $1249.99 is just way too much for me. :(

Scored one of these McCoy/Medicom 1/6 SAFS about a week ago. Glad I waited because I got quite a discount. These are pretty much gone everywhere except for Sideshow who still have them at full price. Really nice paint app and great features plus the cockpit lights up. I'll get some more pics up later. All in all, a great piece and for SF3D/Maschinen Krieger fans, a real grail item.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/8971629@N07/sets/72157624670941154/

Ooh Machinen Krieger finally doing 1/6th scale stuff! Yay! :D

Oh "they" did long time before, but you have to assamble and paint them. By the time even if a pro would model them for you, with hatch open and driver head inside you would pay ~400$. And this is a time ago when the first 1/6 SAFS came out. So in this times putting some LED in a huge Plastik Rock like this should be no biggie and a outstanding attribute for a 1000$ item (same with the movable parts)

The doll here looks like a crappy extra. So you pay actually ~1000$ for the unit? Do not know. But I think they used the old molds and as some linked here before: putting a doll inside is not the big issue for pro modelers since and then. Why it should be for a company which is going to produce how much of it?

And there are no pros in the end of assambling. Guess it will come from Taiwan or China in the end (nothing wrong with that). So at least K.Yokoyama could have signed them. :peace

I paid for a BM Projekt Kaneda & Bike ~550$ It has die cast frame, propper removable parts, sound, light..etc.pp. Even the doll by its own crappy standards is better than the SAFS pilot.

So I do not know about this. Chances are rare to see and check one to see what they have produced there.

Guess freaks and loaded people will by this but I safe some for my own 1/6 Resin Kit. It will be unique (somehow) not even cost me only 350$ after all. And no I do not put LED in it :D

:lecture

Last edited:
Back