Another 1/6 NATHAN-FILLION (mal) head

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
meh. I wouldn't know who it was supposed to be without the photos of Fillion. I still haven't seen a sculpt of him that's wowed me.

The green sculpted shot shows the better resemblance to the actor.

Either way, I still say Spensor's Nathan Fillion (Mal) figure is the best out there thus far. I hope we get a great figure of this character. I would definitely pick one up.

It looks OK... I don't want to start another thread but man oh man I wish SSC would start a FIREFLY/SERENITY line. Surely there are enough Browncoats out there to support a 1000 per fig line with the crew of Serenity being done.:monkey2

true about Spensor's Nathan Fillion (Mal)head but dose anybody know why he never put it out for us??? his two-face is killer though.

The green sculpted shot shows the better resemblance to the actor.

Either way, I still say Spensor's Nathan Fillion (Mal) figure is the best out there thus far. I hope we get a great figure of this character. I would definitely pick one up.

Spensers never got offered... although Trevor was working one on. Not sure whatever happened with that :(

Trevor said his would take quite awhile.

I'll wait but eventually I need my

CAPTAIN HAMMER!!!

No, not my thing. To me, If I had seen it without knowing, I wouldn't have thought it was him. Actually, with knowing I don't see it. But anyone who can make a face period is awesome. Mine would be a great big blob.

That head is pretty bad IMO. The pupils are two vertical slashes. I think it's Trev's or bust for me.

Looks like Nate in a Hasbro kind of way... and I don't mean that in a negative way! Whoever is doing those has some raw talent.
Incidentally, if anyone wants and Ada Chan Nate sculpt, PM me. I have an extra I'd let go for cheap.

I always have a lot of respect for portrait sculptures of all kinds, because they're so tough to get close. I think this Fillion bares a slight resemblance, and even that is VERY hard to do.

Interestingly, I just grabbed my WIP Mal portrait out of storage to see how it looked after being away from it for so long...and swiftly dropped him on the floor. DOH. Thankfully he needed a ton of work anyway, but it was a bit disheartening to see his hair break away..... :) *sigh* all part of the gig when you've got butter fingers.

Trev

I always have a lot of respect for portrait sculptures of all kinds, because they're so tough to get close. I think this Fillion bares a slight resemblance, and even that is VERY hard to do.

Interestingly, I just grabbed my WIP Mal portrait out of storage to see how it looked after being away from it for so long...and swiftly dropped him on the floor. DOH. Thankfully he needed a ton of work anyway, but it was a bit disheartening to see his hair break away..... :) *sigh* all part of the gig when you've got butter fingers.

Trev

Darn it Trevor...wash and dry your hands when they get sweaty!

I would love to own a rare Trevor sculpted item. How does the Indy look in person? I found from the SDCC pics your sculpt seemed lost in the paint apps. The pics on sideshow.com's site show off how great of a job you did.

Either way, I love that PF, and that is one amazing sculpt.

You know, I dunno what other sculptors experience, but for me, probably 1 out of every 3 sculpts drops at some point and shatters somehow. :) I'm cursed by it. It doesn't hurt too bad these days, as I come to expect it. ha!

The Mal needs a lot of reconfiguring anyway, so it'll be for the better. I actually had him wrapped in some bubble wrap and it slid out when I removed it from my cabinet. doh!

When I score a little free time I'll do some more work on Captain Hammer.
Trev

Great to hear Trev!

As an amateur (very) sculptor I know the pain of dropped sculpts... I broke my Monkian sculpt in 3 places while working with him :lol

Eh, it's okay. I mean, it's better than nothing.

I checked out the seller and they have a pretty sweet Ellen Page head. Shadowcat anyone?

Back