1/6 Animated Clone Wars Anakin & Obi-Wan Sixth Scale Figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The more I look at these the less interested I become.
I just can’t see the quality being there for the price.

Simplistic paint apps, average tailoring, barebones, Sideshow. Ehh.

I’d love to have a couple of animated Clone Wars figures but I just get bad juju from these.

My opinion- these are pricey for what they are. I somewhat get the appeal of them, but they’re going to stick out like sore thumbs. Also they’re very bare bones.

I really like The Clone Wars, and I can somewhat see the appeal of these, but not for me.

I think these look pretty great as far as body and soft goods mimicking the cartoon. I'm not personally interested. I see them using battle droids, I'd love for them to be 'lazy' and re-use their old battle droid molds for some new releases.

Optimistically excited….prefer this style to HT semi real offerings and plenty of characters I’d buy. Then reality hits that while the protos look great it’s a SS product…which is always hit or miss…and the price point. Remaining optimistic, the price could be set for R&D to expand the line….time will tell

I feel that way about the cartoon.

Trusting Sideshow to deliver (on both) is a high risk proposition. Did the robe look cozy and fuzzy like that in the cartoon? Is that cartoon accurate?
I don’t recall them wearing robes that often in the show. I imagine it takes more time, cost, and effort to convincingly animate a character in a robe, especially with all the action scenes in TCW.

Plus the Jedi often take robes off before combat. They probably got tired of replacing them after leaving robes all over the galaxy during the course of the war.

But when on screen, the robes have a more solid look (like textile carved out of wood) that matches the original Thunderbirds based design of the show.

Unsurprisingly, Sideshow just used a really cheap fabric that does not look very good or scale well. I think the robes would’ve stayed in the box for a good number of people, at least.

FBF7ABC4-C05F-489B-8A4F-ABD164DA47C3.jpeg

It would be really funny if we get a Sideshow Padme before a Hot Toys one, though.

60E8F20A-F36A-4D5C-9867-02CB362CAC3A.jpeg

Price doesn't seem THAT crazy to me. What figure these days aren't $250+ even with the bare minimum. But I guess that's more to do with the sad truth of how prices keep rising and rising year after year.

Gonna have these two displayed on their own on a shelf above Hot Toy's Spider-Verse figures. Will go well with the whole stylized animated look.

kp2s1CY.jpg
PYmAYwX.jpg

I'm tempted to get them but right now they're just way too pricey. Sideshow does not produce Hot Toy level figures and collectibles. Sideshow took a page from the book that Iron Studios is reading, overpricing their product.

I'll probably end up getting a few down the line to represent the animated style from the show but no need to pre-order or worry about them right now.

A little pricey... $230 would have been better. I might consider picking them up. They would have to be displayed in a different area than my hot toys though, my OCD would get the better of me otherwise lol. I'll wait until the reviews come out for them before I make a decision.

I'm tempted to get them but right now they're just way too pricey. Sideshow does not produce Hot Toy level figures and collectibles. Sideshow took a page from the book that Iron Studios is reading, overpricing their product.

I'll probably end up getting a few down the line to represent the animated style from the show but no need to pre-order or worry about them right now.
Exactly pricey is defintely right for these SS figures.

Imagine the HT prices if there was no competition and SS had a total monopoly to dictate pricing.....

like others, even though the price isn't surprising (just about all SS figures are at the $250ish base price these days), it's just hard to justify the cost of these. When you look at the realistic CW Anakin from HT and all that he comes with including an LED lightsaber for only $5 more, it's hard to look at the SS CW Anakin and feel like it's worth it.

I will probably get these eventually but not anytime soon. I do wonder if the final image in the gallery with Anakin and Obiwan looking at the hologram Ahsoka, if that's an actual render for the proto of a future Ahsoka they're using?

Price doesn't seem THAT crazy to me. What figure these days aren't $250+ even with the bare minimum. But I guess that's more to do with the sad truth of how prices keep rising and rising year after year.

Gonna have these two displayed on their own on a shelf above Hot Toy's Spider-Verse figures. Will go well with the whole stylized animated look.

kp2s1CY.jpg
PYmAYwX.jpg
Yeah but its also Sideshow, their quality just isn’t on par with HT, yet they seem to want to match HT prices.

Of all places, likely the one i didn't expect those to show up. Toys Wonderland listed both on their site today.

Of all places, likely the one i didn't expect those to show up. Toys Wonderland listed both on their site today.

Very funny in light of recent events!

Not so much of a surprise though,TBA had General Grievous up for pre-order not so long ago.

It works out cheaper to buy them from Hong Kong by the time you factor in Sideshow shipping and the Tax.

I can see Sideshow getting pissed if we buy them from Hong Kong :lol

Very funny in light of recent events!

Not so much of a surprise though,TBA had General Grievous up for pre-order not so long ago.

It works out cheaper to buy them from Hong Kong by the time you factor in Sideshow shipping and the Tax.

I can see Sideshow getting pissed if we buy them from Hong Kong :lol

Makes me wonder. How are TW getting their stock on those? Likely from Hot Toys as they are official distributors in Asia. It could mean you would not only get those cheaper but also faster than buying from Sideshow direct :p

Also. Noticed how they are using official Sideshow pics on their products pages? Will Sideshow bully them for that? :rolleyes:

like others, even though the price isn't surprising (just about all SS figures are at the $250ish base price these days), it's just hard to justify the cost of these. When you look at the realistic CW Anakin from HT and all that he comes with including an LED lightsaber for only $5 more, it's hard to look at the SS CW Anakin and feel like it's worth it.

I will probably get these eventually but not anytime soon. I do wonder if the final image in the gallery with Anakin and Obiwan looking at the hologram Ahsoka, if that's an actual render for the proto of a future Ahsoka they're using?
I imagine it's only a digital design because I have no idea what lightsaber she's holding.

Back