1/6 Animated Clone Wars Anakin & Obi-Wan Sixth Scale Figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the tour they mentioned these being just the start of the line. Wonder if they will have any CW Sith on display tomorrow. Palps or Dooku would be nice to see.

Nope. Hot Toys thing is realism.

No, Hot Toys thing is money. They will make whatever category of product to make money.

I think you both have a point.

Hot Toys will always follow the money, but even when making their Spider-Verse figures they felt the need to add realistic details to the sculpts that just isn't there in the movie.

I want the figures on my shelf to match what I see on screen. I ordered the Hot Toys clone wars Ahsoka because it didn't look bad and I wanted something to represent her in my collection. At the same time I also ordered gentle giants animated bust because it looked like her from the show. Now I have more options, and after seeing the statue I'm now rethinking my whole approach. Gotta love the amount of Star Wars collectibles we get to choose from.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

It is an interesting dilemma... like everyone, I liked cartoons when I was young but always imagined the more serious cartoons to be extensions of the real world, seen through the medium of cartoons. For instance, I don't imagine that people in black-and-white movies are in a black-and-white universe. Nor do I believe that avid comic fans envision their heroes in drawn form when they play/imagine... I think they translate the medium to real world. So I would imagine many do the same with the Clone Wars cartoons, especially since it is based on a live-action world first.

One explanation above.

It's true but I think of John Goodman as Fred Flintstone and it's just kind of weird, but I guess that's just me (though yeah, that was originated as a cartoon unlike SW.)

And with B&W to me we can "see" color in those movies/shows, so when I think of Rick in Casablanca I know his trench coat is biege, not grey, so if I saw a fig of him, it wouldn't be jarring.

But this is a very interesting discussion...

wV3vz72.jpg

casablanca-set-rick-ilsa-dolls-bogart_1_4c854c99e77c822c6fd592a2ceff0b64.jpg

Would it be bad if Hot Toys wanted to make some animated style figures too? I don?t understand the hostility people have against it.

Would it be bad if Hot Toys wanted to make some animated style figures too? I don?t understand the hostility people have against it.

Who is against them making both? I never said I was, and I havent seen anyone else say that they are. Its just not going to happen, they have too many other things in the pipeline and now that Sideshow is doing it, theres not much point.

They may not even be allowed to do it since Sideshow are doing it. Remember they need licensor approval for everything. They cant just make whatever they want.

Lucasfilm/Disney approved the realistic Clone Wars figures, it may even have been dictated, who knows.

i can't stop thinking to myself that, past the first dozen of releases, this line will follow the usual trajectory and start churning out heroes outfit variants and clones repaints.

On the tour they mentioned these being just the start of the line. Wonder if they will have any CW Sith on display tomorrow. Palps or Dooku would be nice to see.

Possible but then they'd have to speed up production. Took them something around three years to release Lando Skiff Guard, they cannot pull that kind of stunt if they want to launch that new line properly.

I'm sure they will once they see the response these get and realize they're leaving money on the table.

Then sideshow will stop. Hot Toys will stop, knowing they conquered the competition. And then Sideshow will make animated Rebels figures.

The later seasons that these specific figures are based on are basically their ROTS outfits. So live-action versions have already been released.

I'm all for accuracy, so if I want something from an animated show like Clone Wars, I want it to look like it does in the show for the most part. That's what I'm familiar with. I find these more exciting than what Hot Toys is doing.

I thought these were Hot Toys for some reason. Yeah, good luck getting this when the production photos release. SS burned me with ESB Fett, never again.

I'm not a fan of this style in characters, I prefer live action more, but they look very good

Soooooooooo excited for these! Do we know when they should be going up for preorder?

I assume there is little chance of these selling out in pre-order so I'll wait for final production photos and in hand reviews.

Anakin in particular looks like he walked straight out of the screen. Very impressive.

Back