1/6 Animated Clone Wars Anakin & Obi-Wan Sixth Scale Figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
During the both tour he did say they are first in the series. He could have misspoken, but I hope not. Love the Clone Wars and want figures that represent what I saw on screen. I would be in for almost anything they made. (Once I see an actual production piece)

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

Not for me, but I'm glad that those who were preferring an animated styled figure are going to be getting them.

Did catch that those two were only the beginning as well. Ahsoka and Rex can't be far behing if those two sell... and they will.

Wow, those look to be extremely well done. They literally ripped the characters right off the screen and put them into figure form, down to a tee. I know a lot of people say that about hot toys figures, but more often than not I can eye little inaccuracies or things that just don?t look quite right. These on the other hand, super impressive.

These are fantastic. Such a baller move for Sideshow to swoop in and make action figures in a style that hasn't been made in nearly a decade.

Can't wait to lock in a day one pre-order for these two.

Finally someone has the sense to actually make Clone Wars figures instead of the bizarre "realistic" animated figures (which are a total contradiction and make no real sense to me).

Hot Toys have got hardly any money out of me in years, looks like Sideshow will be taking it instead.

Fingers crossed for a Ventress figure, my favourite Clone Wars character by some distance.

Do people actually prefer the cartoon style for their figure display than a real-world interpretation?.

Absolutely!

I want my Clone Wars figures to look like the Clone Wars animated characters. That's as fundamental to me as wanting my live action figures to look like mini realistic versions of the actual actors. If the figures don't emulate what I see on screen, why would I pay so much money for them?

I'm more surprised that people want animated characters to look nothing like the animated characters......it sort of defeats the whole point of accurate 1/6 character representations. These are close representations of the characters as they are actually depicted in the later Clone wars seasons.

I'm a big Clone Wars fan but found the Hot Toys Clone wars figures slightly bizarre and really disappointing and so haven't ordered any of them.

If I had an extensive collection of cartoon based animated figures I wouldn't want Hot Toys to start producing movie figures in an animated style just so that they could be better integrated into my collection, I'd want them to look like they did in the film.

So a big thumbs up to sideshow from me, I hope they expand on these two figures.

I'm definitely going to PO Anakin when he goes up! I prefer this version over the upcoming HT version. Here's hoping they make a younger Ahsoka!

If this was at all true then we wouldn't have Cosbaby and spiderverse figures.

Cosbaby is a totally different thing and a totally different target audience from high end 1/6 figures.

The Spiderverse isnt tied to a mainly live action property. Its in a separate universe from the MCU.

The Clone Wars, Rebels, Bad Batch etc. all take place in the same universe as The Skywalker Saga, Mando, etc. For the most part all of the characters already have a live action counterpart. I want to display them alongside my live action collection.

If they can do realism, they will.

Hoping for Ventreas, Dooku and S3 Ahsoka. I really dig the animated look of these. I had always thought of buying the smaller toys from typical stores but they don’t fit in with the collection in the same way that these will

Will get these. Dumbass HT should have done these in the first place.

Yep. Why haven?t these versions been produced before now? Why the hell doesn?t Hasbro make black series figures of animated characters in the animated style?
I?m not saying don?t make realistic versions either. Make both. They need to make the waists slimmer.

I have to agree with davejames, the blocky designs never appealed to me much. When I watch all I hear is Sting's quiet echo... I want my M T V...

Showing your (our) age but... :rotfl

I've never been much of a fan of SW animation other than the earlier Tartakovsky CW series and the Holiday Special segment - always feels very Saturday morning cartoon to me - but you'd think if you wanted figs from those shows, you'd at least want them to look like the animated characters.

I just don't understand why people would want figs that looked like they came from live action if the character they love has an animated look.:dunno

Cosbaby is a totally different thing and a totally different target audience from high end 1/6 figures.

The Spiderverse isnt tied to a mainly live action property. Its in a separate universe from the MCU.

The Clone Wars, Rebels, Bad Batch etc. all take place in the same universe as The Skywalker Saga, Mando, etc. For the most part all of the characters already have a live action counterpart. I want to display them alongside my live action collection.

If they can do realism, they will.

Not sure that's true - I see a lot of collectors on YT with them side-by-side and I have two collector friends who have cosbabies + high-end 1/6. But one of those collectors also has Hasbro Galactic Heroes figs next to high-end 1/6, so he probably shouldn't even be mentioned.:rotfl

Absolutely!

I want my Clone Wars figures to look like the Clone Wars animated characters. That's as fundamental to me as wanting my live action figures to look like mini realistic versions of the actual actors. If the figures don't emulate what I see on screen, why would I pay so much money for them?

I'm more surprised that people want animated characters to look nothing like the animated characters......it sort of defeats the whole point of accurate 1/6 character representations. These are close representations of the characters as they are actually depicted in the later Clone wars seasons.

I'm a big Clone Wars fan but found the Hot Toys Clone wars figures slightly bizarre and really disappointing and so haven't ordered any of them.

If I had an extensive collection of cartoon based animated figures I wouldn't want Hot Toys to start producing movie figures in an animated style just so that they could be better integrated into my collection, I'd want them to look like they did in the film.

So a big thumbs up to sideshow from me, I hope they expand on these two figures.

It is an interesting dilemma... like everyone, I liked cartoons when I was young but always imagined the more serious cartoons to be extensions of the real world, seen through the medium of cartoons. For instance, I don't imagine that people in black-and-white movies are in a black-and-white universe. Nor do I believe that avid comic fans envision their heroes in drawn form when they play/imagine... I think they translate the medium to real world. So I would imagine many do the same with the Clone Wars cartoons, especially since it is based on a live-action world first.

Showing your (our) age but... :rotfl

I've never been much of a fan of SW animation other than the earlier Tartakovsky CW series and the Holiday Special segment - always feels very Saturday morning cartoon to me - but you'd think if you wanted figs from those shows, they'd at least make them look like animated characters.

I just don't understand why people would want figs that looked like they came from live action if the character they love has an animated look.:dunno

One explanation above.

No, Hot Toys thing is money. They will make whatever category of product to make money.

Sure, whatever take it off in whatever tangent you want, but they have 9 figures from Animation, and yet 0 of them are in an animated style.

Back