1/6 Animated Clone Wars Anakin & Obi-Wan Sixth Scale Figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They'll surely make Ahsoka. She's a license to print money and from all the threads I see on the HT Clone Wars Ahsoka there are a lot of folks wanting an animated style sculpt.

Animated sculpts for Rex and Cody would undoubtedly be popular to.

I'm hoping they reveal some of the dark side next. Dooku, Palpatine, Maul, Ventress would all be well received.

If Sideshow are anything, it's slow.

:lol Limit themselves to 4 figures per year? Try 1 per 1.5 years. Like regular Star Wars.

In fact, they may already be done with the line.

Yeah, the last 1/6 SW figure they revealed was Lando Skiff in mid 2018.

My guess is they lost the wider SW 1/6 license but got a lesser sub license that solely pertains to CW, or maybe to animated style generally.

Lets hope they keep the pace they had in the last few years then. If they were to return to their golden age of 1/6 production and crank out 10 to 15 figures each year, i'd be in trouble.

1/6 struggles with fabric from time to time. 1/12 would be even worse.

Speaking of 1/6 scale and x-men figures, i just stumbled across this gambit figure from soo soo toys and wooooooooow now this is what a 1/6 gambit figure should like like , now only if production matches what they r showing this will be a winner

https://www.neogeektoys.com/products/soosoo-toys-1-6-cajun-card-dealer

Yep, I've seen plenty of third party figures (maybe not of the same characters, but still) that offer way better quality and bang for your buck than Sideshow figures do, for a fraction of the cost.

Back on topic from my previous post.....................

What is the cost that you are thinking that the figures will be ?

Probably $260+ for a very barebones release with a basic paintjob on the cartoon sculpts. Those protos look sharp. Both the sculpts and tailoring look nicely done. I would be surprised if the final product looked that refined.

Probably $260+ for a very barebones release with a basic paintjob on the cartoon sculpts. Those protos look sharp. Both the sculpts and tailoring look nicely done. I would be surprised if the final product looked that refined.

I tend to think Sideshow will deliver similar to the proto. They are generally quite good at tailored soft goods and non-human sculpts. I'd qualify these as non-human as the likeness is so stylized that close enough is close enough. I predict these will be in the $230-$240 price range which is still too expensive, in my opinion. They'd sell a boatload of these at a $200 price point, IMO.

Hoping for some update on these as well. Really curious to see if Sideshow will go all out on accessories or keep it to a minimum. More importantly, wondering what the retail price will be and how i'll be able to purchase these as buying from Sideshow direct is way too expensive where i'm located.

Hoping for some update on these as well. Really curious to see if Sideshow will go all out on accessories or keep it to a minimum. More importantly, wondering what the retail price will be and how i'll be able to purchase these as buying from Sideshow direct is way too expensive where i'm located.
Offering minimal accessories yet trying to match Hot Toys prices is the Sideshow speciality.

Then, they could upgrade to a new speciality. With recent Hot Toys recipe going by the name of Dx, they could include more accessories and price their figures higher.

I’m expecting to see these tomorrow. The booth tour says “Star Wars and Marvel fans don’t want to miss this” so hopefully they have them with whatever accessories and maybe a PO drop. Haven’t been excited about a SS sixth scale in awhile

Anakin looks great but something is just off about Obi-Wan. I really don’t like how plain the gauntlets look, I’ve said it before but they just look like they’ve been hit with primer and nothing else, they need some surface detail and weathering.
0247324A-1D81-4080-8816-01BDC52E9339.jpeg
02B44283-8113-4DCC-8A6E-FA64AE1B7926.jpeg
A9BECBA4-0D39-480C-86EC-7370BE6ED265.jpeg
B21FA762-D835-40A2-BF42-45DFCC14973B.jpeg
53EEC4CF-9DCD-4BDA-8C8A-8FB6A9775B20.jpeg

I'd buy these figures as they are right now. Glad to hear them say that these should be going up soon and that they'll include holograms of Ahsoka and Cody.

I do agree that there seems to be something off about Obi-Wan. Might be the beard.

Back