ANH Smuggler Han conundrum...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oxnard Montalvo

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just treated myself to a DL44 kit, and when doing research on the paint scheme for it I pulled my Smuggler Han out of the cabinet to see what SSC did with it. Now, I've been researching the DL44 one hell of a lot so the info is fresh in my mind.... I thought that the Standard Han came with the 'Hero' Blaster and the Exclusive came with both the 'hero' and the 'Greedo Killer'.... Lo and behold I look at my Standard edition... and he's got a 'GK'.......whats that all about?.... did they all come with GK's or was the 'Hero' the exclusive? I'm completely baffled....

Sideshow screwed up and switched the Greedo Killer with the Hero blaster. So the exclusive came with both, but the normal edition only came with the Greedo Killer. Dumb.

Sideshow screwed up and switched the Greedo Killer with the Hero blaster. So the exclusive came with both, but the normal edition only came with the Greedo Killer. Dumb.

What exactly was the screw-up? Did they get the blasters wrong, or just the names?

They mixed up which was supposed to be the exclusive. So all of the regular editions came with what was supposed to be the exclusive, and didn't come with the normal blaster.

Did anyone write in and complain about this back then to SS Customer service? With the awesome issuing of cups for the missing one mentioned on the Momaw Nandon box, I wonder if they would have shipped out regular blaster versions to customers?

I forgot about that one... pretty big screw-up. But didn't really effect me as the exclusive came with both anyway.

I think they did give the correct blaster to a few people who complained, but they didn't make enough to give it to everyone. I called them when the figure came out and they said that because I didn't get it directly through them, I would have to contact the store I got it from and have them contact Sideshow, and that seemed ridiculous.

The thing that really annoyed me about the whole thing is that instead of admitting there was a mistake made, Sideshow went back and changed the photos on their site to make it look like the way they did it was correct. Check the site. It shows the "Greedo killer" as coming with the regular edition, but it wasn't originally like that.

Many thanks for clearing that one up.... Man that really Sucks though....I have nothing against the Greedo Killer Per se. but I really prefer the hero....:slap

Thanks for clearing that up.:clap I am obsess with accuracy.:lol This is most helpful.

Huh. I've had the regular version for awhile now and never knew about this. In fact, I never knew there were two different guns he used until now! They look close enough to me in the Sideshow exclusive picture.

They are fairly close, but the one we usually think of as Han's blaster (and the one that Master Replicas made their replica of, for example) is this one:

360053740_a2f78bd795.jpg

You can see that it has holes in the barrel.

This one with the differently shaped barrel with no holes (among other differences) is the "Greedo Killer" that was only used in that one scene:

360053705_d24a814c0d.jpg

Back