ANH Princess Leia figure need advice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weezer

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi everyone, sorry its been awhile.

I recently got back into doing some 12" stuff. I haven't been that inspired lately and the prices of these figures had me a bit depressed. :)

Anyway... I was recently given a Fire Princess Leia kit (I'm not sure if its okay to talk abut this product here?). It didn't come with a body so I bought generic "Phicen medium bust suntanned female body (with joints showing)". Once the figure was together I noticed the dress was too short. I read the original HT Leia measures 10.2". The figure I put together is a little over 11". My mother offer to tailor a new dress, but if the body's wrong there's no point. Does anyone know if there's a better sized generic body I could use for Leia. Any constructive advice is welcomed. I'm on a budget so I need the body to cost same as the one I just bought ($30).

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Attachments

• IMG_4176.JPG
    IMG_4176.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 138
Last edited:
If you can find a good price on a used, nude Black Widow body, that should work. That figure is considerably shorter. It's also got a really good tan. Since Leia doesn't show much skin, you should be okay.

That was my first thought too, probably hard to stay under the $30 budget with it though. I think I paid $52 at Monkey Depot for one of the IW Widow bodies. Might be able to find a deal on a Last Jedi Leia body too.

Hmmm, wondering if I should just shorten the limbs by cutting them down?

Yes, going to be hard to find a proper body for around $30.

I don't think shortening the limbs will work. I would just be patient and hunt around for a deal.

Thanks for the replies. I found properly sized body. I want to give a shout out to Ken at Toy Anxiety for helping me out.

It was this one. It didn't come with ankle pegs, so I Frankenstein the pegs that came with Phicen body I bought on eBay. Here's a comparison of the body size (the seller on eBay sent the wrong body... Should've gone to toy anxiety from the start). The last photo is the proper body swapped out.

https://toyanxiety.com/female-ronin-nobushi-nude-body/

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 45
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
BTW does anyone have any tips on what to use to close the belt? I'd like to keep it removable, so I don't want to glue it. I tried double sided tape but it came undone.

I originally used a drop of crazy glue and it popped open after a few days. I'll see if I can find some finer Velcro on a g.i. Joe outfit. I tried a small peice of regular stuff and it was too chunky.

Back