ANH Han Solo - Official picture thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Except that he would be as short as Leia (not trying to start a flame war--just that most people who collect SS like things to be in scale with the rest of their display).

Naw, you just display them on different shelves. Or don't care about scale cause Leia being the same height as Vader is ok.

Except that he would be as short as Leia (not trying to start a flame war--just that most people who collect SS like things to be in scale with the rest of their display).

You guys, the medicom figures are in 1/6 scale.

Sideshow 12"figures are too big. That's the problem. Measure them.

Some people are REALLY in DENIAL!

"oh, it looks kinda sorta good when you take a picture of him with half the lights turned off. And turn his head away so he's not looking directly at you. And if you drink a six pack first, he looks even a little better."

Gimme a break! It looks like CRAP! :banana

You are entitled to your opinion. You either like it or you don't. Now I'm not saying it doesn't have it's flaws. It does. But nobody is in denial. Bottom line is in hand the figure looks just like the proto type. Forget about lighting or lens distortion, if you liked the way the proto looked you will like the figure.

Some people are REALLY in DENIAL!
Gimme a break! It looks like CRAP! :banana

I don't know why, but I'll ask the rhetorical question this comment begs for...and no, I'm not expecting an answer...

How is it that someone who's taste differs from yours about the appearance of a figure is in denial?

I'm enjoying the variety of shots folks are posting here that present the figure in all kinds of lighting environments and conditions, always remembering that most of the time, these figures look WAY different once in hand as opposed to the extreme close-up views showing every minute detail. I'm looking forward to this figure, knowing that considering the outfit, it will require some good futzing to achieve the optimum look of the character as presented by this figure.

That's part of the gift of seeing these "in hand" images from folks...on the one hand, giving me the opportunity to see what to expect and on the other, always knowing that more than likely, I'll be pleasantly surprised on how good the figure is.

If that's denial then....so be it....

On the scale issue
HF is listed as 1.85 mts. (6 foot 1 inch) on imdb.
That's 30.8 cms., i.e. 12.12 inches (according to online conversion.com) in 1/6 scale.

So which one's closer?
Medi-size or SST size?

There, that ought to settle that.

On the scale issue
HF is listed as 1.85 mts. (6 foot 1 inch) on imdb.
That's 30.8 cms., i.e. 12.12 inches (according to online conversion.com) in 1/6 scale.

So which one's closer?
Medi-size or SST size?

There, that ought to settle that.

The sheer sarcasm this post seems to have made me laugh out loud when I hit the end of the post. And it really ought to settle it now.

Ok guys...before another flame war starts...or continues for that matter.

What's important here is what YOU like, that's it, if you think SS Han looks like crap and want to cancel, great! Somebody's wait list will convert!

If you think it OK, like me, he's a good addition to your collection..

If you think he's perfect and definitely the best Han rendition out there so far, that's great too.

If you think Medicom's will be better, that's great!

Of course every now and then some figures look great pretty much to everybody, but those are rare cases. So, just relax, nobody is forcing you to buy this figure, if you don't like it, send it back, or cancel it. What's the big deal? :monkey3

a STANDARD sideshow figure is 12.5 inches tall. That equals 6' 3".

a STANDARD medicom figre is 11.7 inches tall. That equals 5' 9".

Average males are around 5' 10". So who's closer to the right scale?

Hmmmm?

1/6 scale relative to who? That is the question. Aside the obvious proportional problems with the Art S. Buck, Sideshow may have based their scale it on a smaller character, leading to generally larger figures, and vice versa with Medicom. Nobody is wrong here.

I don't think a flame war was brewing, someone was just completely mis-stating facts. For Medi to be in proper 1/6 their Han should be at least 12 inches. We won't know until it's out but if they are using the normal RAH body it most likely will not be, thus facts were wrong. abake was just setting the record straight. :D

a STANDARD sideshow figure is 12.5 inches tall. That equals 6' 3".

a STANDARD medicom figre is 11.7 inches tall. That equals 5' 9".

Average males are around 5' 10". So who's closer to the right scale?

Hmmmm?

But SS also used Bucks that had relative height. Short body for Luke, normal for Han, Big Boy when needed. Medicom uses one standard body with extenders to add height. So long as SS chose the correct body the scale was relatively close and there would be a visible difference.

You guys, the medicom figures are in 1/6 scale.

Sideshow 12"figures are too big. That's the problem. Measure them.

I will upgrade my Han because i like to do it and im a sideshow fan. A great range of figures which medicom does not have.

The sideshow 12" scale is the true GI Joe scale, which scale i will always prefer. And every comapnt except medicom follows.

I just got Han. He looks just fine in person. All of the pics so far aren't doing the figure justice. And he looks great next to Leia and Luke, which he is taller than both.

Back