ANH Han Solo - Official picture thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Medi's look like a nice Han figure, but Trev's sculpt much better captures that 70's look, it's like looking at a blast from the past, where Medi just has the general hairstyle and Ford's face. This is a great representation of Han from the first film.

I really don't think the likeness has been captured here. and he looks so weird and confused

I've only seen one pic in which he looked decent. that warm lighting one

Medi's look like a nice Han figure, but Trev's sculpt much better captures that 70's look, it's like looking at a blast from the past, where Medi just has the general hairstyle and Ford's face. This is a great representation of Han from the first film.

To bad it's destroyed by the Paint.

Oh dear god nooooooooo, I so wanted this to turn out good. First time I've pre-ordered for ages. Luckily the shipping time to the UK gives me plenty of time to cancel, and that's exactly what I'm gonna do first thing tomorrow.
I hate being negative but I feel very let down by this figure, just about the most important figure to get right from ANH for me.
That head is just not Ford, WTF, after old Ben I was really hopeful.
This sure don't bode well for ANH Luke either.
I just so wanted SST to get Luke, Leia, Han, Ben, Chewy, and the droids right, to do them well, but they ^^^^ed up again! Well it looks like my little girl will get her wish, she wanted my ANH Leia and now she can have her, Ben's the only one worth keeping for displayIMHO.

WHY!

With all the new pics, I'm pretty sure of what to expect, so thanks folks!
I think there's two major issues with this figure: the Buck and the paint apps.
The sculpt seems to be there, it's just the (usual) heavy handed SST paint apps that make it look bad. When will they learn how to paint the eyes? Or that men (usually) don't wear lipstick?
I mean, c'mon, look around... what men do you see with glossy, moist lips? Who the ^^^^ told the folks at SST that that is the way men's lips look?
Un-^^^^ing believable!
Oh well, just a quick repaint and he'll look much better.

My goodness people are fickle. :lol

Haven't you guys ever owned a SS SW figure before? I can't fathom what is significantly different about this one than the other 90% that have been released. Especially when we are just looking at pictures here. These always turn out better in hand than in photographs, and I think the pictures, on average, look pretty good. :gun

worst pictures ever = SS Qui Gon Jinn
but in hand he looks great. so im hoping this guy will be the same. if it's just the paint that is bad ill just send it off for repaint in the future. i still want him though and im still waiting for a waitlist so let the canceling continue.

looks like another figure i'll have to repaint but really i think it looks OK, not great which is a shame.

Got a HT body and a pair of repainted dragon boots which i think will make this guy look fantastic.

So very happy that the buck is going, strange how i use to think it was the best.

I'm sorry, I hate having a downer on a new release. Usually if I'm not getting a figure or have no intention of reviewing a figure I think if you can't say something positive, if you don't like it just walk away, heaven knows I have plenty of SST figs I love. But this was one figure I really wanted.
When I was a kid Han was always my favourite, and having seen the stirling work done on old Ben I thought SST would do the whole ANH heroes justice. I did see the proto and the unpainted head looked great, the painted proto wasn't quite as hot, but I hoped the production piece might let more of the sculpt come through. But I'm just not seeing it, I am not seeing a young Ford there anymore.
Maybe if I see him in a bricks 'n' mortar store he might look better in hand. But budgets being what they are ,I don't want to risk it (remember here in the UK SST figs tend to be £35 to £60 = $70 to $120). I shall however be watching to see how some repaints come out!

A few close ups with very little light.

P1040311.jpg

Some people are REALLY in DENIAL!

"oh, it looks kinda sorta good when you take a picture of him with half the lights turned off. And turn his head away so he's not looking directly at you. And if you drink a six pack first, he looks even a little better."

Gimme a break! It looks like CRAP! :banana

Why? The BODY. The goofy golfball EYES. The huge EYEBROWS?!! The big Red lips! The cheap clothes! And on and on!

Sideshow is really hitting the bottom. EVERY other company is make huge improvements (look at hasbro!) and sideshow has doubled their prices while still make figures that are 1996 quality!

:monkey2

looks like another figure i'll have to repaint but really i think it looks OK, not great which is a shame.

Got a HT body and a pair of repainted dragon boots which i think will make this guy look fantastic.

So very happy that the buck is going, strange how i use to think it was the best.

Why not just buy the MEDICOM han? It would be cheaper than going through all that. And better, IMO.

Some people are REALLY in DENIAL!

"oh, it looks kinda sorta good when you take a picture of him with half the lights turned off. And turn his head away so he's not looking directly at you. And if you drink a six pack first, he looks even a little better."

Gimme a break! It looks like CRAP! :banana

Maybe to you. To me, I'm gonna be fairly happy with my purchase and Im sure others will be as well. Josh, Mikey, Les - these guys were gonna repaint them anyway. Me and the others that are fairly laid back aren't all that fussed. So I would say the majority that have it on order know what to expect and aren't "ZOMG it zoooo bads!" Me, myself, "Eh, coulda came out better.. coulda came out worse".

Why not just buy the MEDICOM han? It would be cheaper than going through all that. And better, IMO.

Except that he would be as short as Leia (not trying to start a flame war--just that most people who collect SS like things to be in scale with the rest of their display).

Back