ANH Han Solo - Official picture thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blu-tak works for me and just a couple of photos of my Han

Newcamera025.jpg

IMG00202-20110604-1627.jpg

IMG00196-20110604-1622.jpg

IMG00171-20110530-1645.jpg

thanks for the help guys. going to have to get some bluetak. just wanted to make sure before I bought the figure then eff up the neck :lol

No worries now that blue tak is the way to plop the head on the new body.

I wasn't too worried about cutting the neck off. It was just what to do after that :lol I wouldn't know how to make a socket for a ball joint.

are there any gloves that resemble the ones that come with this version of Han around? Or is there a way to mod the SS hands to fit HT styled wrist pegs?

Commtech, your Han's paint work is phenomenal. Great job.

Regarding the Blutak, another option would be screwing a little hook into the bottom of the head, taking the body apart, and connecting the screw to a rubber band of some kind that is looped around a connection inside the body before putting it back together. Similar to how GI Joes work (though it's for their legs and not head). That's how Rainman does his figures.

Commtech, your Han's paint work is phenomenal. Great job.

Thanks, bro!

I've been thinking about how to mod this figure just the way you have Comm once I get it.

I know you cut off the neck from the sculpt, but what did you do haver that to get it to fit on the new body?

No blue tack here. I wanted my Han to feel like any Hot Toys figure, so...
I drilled the head inside to fit a hot toys neck adapter I took out from a true type head (prison break). So basically, I can put the Han head on any Hot toys body and it will stay secure and move just like any hot toys head.

No blue tack here. I wanted my Han to feel like any Hot Toys figure, so...
I drilled the head inside to fit a hot toys neck adapter I took out from a true type head (prison break). So basically, I can put the Han head on any Hot toys body and it will stay secure and move just like any hot toys head.

hmmm...may have to do that. decisions, decisions

well first things first, I have to buy the figure :lol

sorry to bump this thread, but I'm curious what the better/best body is to switch SSC ANH Han over to? I don't want to get a body and then not have his clothing fit properly. I've never had this version of Han so any input is greatly appreciated.

sorry to bump this thread, but I'm curious what the better/best body is to switch SSC ANH Han over to? I don't want to get a body and then not have his clothing fit properly. I've never had this version of Han so any input is greatly appreciated.

Great question, I am wondering as well.....

okay, so I'm gonna bump this up one last time - with essentially the same question. I am leaning towards getting HT TT Narrow Shoulder version and put on a WGP Harrison Solo sculpt - does that sound like an okay body to put ANH Solo on??

Look through this thread. Start on page 134 and work your way backwards. There are some great customs and mods, including using the Stormie Han sculpt on a TT. But yes, most people seem to have used the TT Narrow Shoulder or the TT Saizo(?) body with the sculpted neck.

I have a few of the ANH Han figures because I want to customize them, but I am terrible at painting accurate faces.

Does anyone know where I can find some better boots for this figure though? The ones that come with the figure are garbage (but I don't need to tell you guys that :)).

I've ordered my Han and should be getting it today. Are the boots really bad? They look good in the pictures, wrinkle free and shiny like the real thing no?

Another good boot replacement candidate might be the inflames toys cowboy boots. They have the right stiffness and length, though not sure how removable those plastic bits are. Has anyone got a pair for review?

So with the figure in hand I can see what people are saying about the boots lol! Plastic and horrible! Nicely sculpted but something you'd expect on a Kenner toy!

The shirt is pretty meh too. What's with this horrible puffy collar?? Could they have not just folded the material over? Oh well :\

What do people think about dipping the shirt in some diluted coffee to slightly yellow it? Or bad idea?

Good idea! Coffee might be too strong. I've ordered a priest shirt that is very similar to han's, though the sleeves look unusually short! Will post picks when i get it.
otherwise I have some underwear that is the same material as the ss shirt so I'm tempted to rip that collar off and stitch in a new one.

Anyone found any good alternative boots other than the Virtual Toys explorer? I tried some DID riding boots though they are too open around the leg. I was thinking the soldier story might be a better fit, though you can never tell going by the pictures alone. Has anyone tried the soldier story boots?

Back