ANH Buckets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I haven't really started on mine yet - it looks like a lot more clean-up/work than I was expecting, but overall it looks very cool and accurate. He did a great job on it. I'm hoping I'll have mine done by mid-year maybe.

I have the ones I got from Will (including the excellent 'move along' helmet) but I also have an untouched original 3D print from which these were all cast. I just don't have a clue as to how to cast. If it's not too involved I'd give it a go, just not sure it's worth the trouble given that awesome project TooMuchGarlic is bringing to fruition...

I have the ones I got from Will (including the excellent 'move along' helmet) but I also have an untouched original 3D print from which these were all cast. I just don't have a clue as to how to cast. If it's not too involved I'd give it a go, just not sure it's worth the trouble given that awesome project TooMuchGarlic is bringing to fruition...

Out of curiosity, is that original 3D print pegged in for attaching the neck peg? Making them hollow as Solo_Bones did, is ambitious and much more work to do. These did come out great. I’m also excited for TMG’s projects.

Out of curiosity, is that original 3D print pegged in for attaching the neck peg? Making them hollow as Solo_Bones did, is ambitious and much more work to do. These did come out great. I’m also excited for TMG’s projects.

The original print is hollow with no attachment point of any kind. I have no idea of the providence -- either it was scanned from an actual helmet or created by a talented modeller.

It's been a long time since I looked into 3D scanning, but scans aren't always straightforward if I recall; they require a fair bit of clean-up. The tech has almost certainly iimproved in the intervening years.

Gotcha, most likely scanned from an actual helmet. Yeah the visible layer lines are a bit of a pain clean up in small areas.

It's been a long time since I looked into 3D scanning, but scans aren't always straightforward if I recall; they require a fair bit of clean-up. The tech has almost certainly iimproved in the intervening years.

I guess a lot depends on what you're scanning and the prep work done before hand. I'm currently cleaning up a scan of an RS Sandtrooper helmet and it could have come out a lot better had it been treated with a dull coat first but obviously you don't want to ruin the helmet

I9jSTIl.jpg

I guess a lot depends on what you're scanning and the prep work done before hand. I'm currently cleaning up a scan of an RS Sandtrooper helmet and it could have come out a lot better had it been treated with a dull coat first but obviously you don't want to ruin the helmet

[...]

Very nice. And yes, that looks a bit tedious -- lots of clean-up but too much and you lose the character. I use Rhino and ZBrush but haven't got any personal experience with scans.

Over the past couple weeks I finally made some time to finish off the first 2 buckets ("Move Along" still needing to be weathered-up). These were a bit more work than i anticipated, but well worth it. Also from some of the mistakes along the way i've figured out ways to improve on the next few.

View attachment 446895

They look great! :clap

I'm guessing nobody has heard from Will in the mean time? It's been about 6 months again since he last posted. :(

View attachment 447080

Wow - so it is glossy reflection that creates that bumpiness?

Yeah because the lights reflect differently at different angles the software has a hard time calculating it's position in 3d space. You could get around it by talking cross polarized photos though to cancel out all of the reflections, but there's nothing I could do about it here though as I was using the 360 photos from the RS website.

SERIOUSLY... does anyone know anything about what's going on with these? I paid in full up front forever ago... and still haven't received anything... not even so much as a PM

SERIOUSLY... does anyone know anything about what's going on with these? I paid in full up front forever ago... and still haven't received anything... not even so much as a PM

Unfortunately we're back to silence since ~October last year. I also paid for 3 buckets back in November 2017.
I might have to look into getting some buckets from Too Much Garlic at this point, once he starts printing/casting them.

Finally started work on one. More priming and sanding left to do, this was only a quick pass.

My Foredom made short work of the larger regions of resin flash.

It’s ambitious but I’d like to get this finished by end of day tomorrow if possible.

Waiting for primer to cure is like...well, like watching paint dry.

da9d751b13215c8df80c287b9839b2ed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. Excited to see some more of these finished up. Such awesome looking helmets. Always look like they walked off screen.

Has anyone heard from SoloBones...strange he can?t at least let us know he?s ok?
Anyone looking to part with one of their stormtrooper helmets? Drop me a pm.

Back